Bartering for Medical Care

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I came across this listing on Craigslist today. It's quite interesting and I bet that we may see more of this in the future.

Medical Care by Bartering

I have done some bartering with our veterinarian, but had never seen a MD offering to do so.

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
On our craigslist we some times see a dentist offering to barter.. Or maybe it was the town overs craigslist.. I have also seen a plumber and carpenter offering for barter.. Ive seen an ad for an attorney also.. But who knows if that one was a scam or not..

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
In any TSHTF scenario, it will become "the way things are" which is ok with me. What we have to do is get rid of all the lawyers and insurance people that have turned medicine into some sort of circus. Cutting them out of the "Doctor-Patient Relationship" will return medicine to its rightful place. The guy in Bono has the right approach. Make it affordable and attainable for everyone who is willing to "work" for what they want. I am definitely interested in this approach.

PRIORITY: ROUTINE

If you want to know, think, right too!

// -... - //
RPG KQC LBQ

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Icu4dzs said:
In any TSHTF scenario, it will become "the way things are" which is ok with me. What we have to do is get rid of all the lawyers and insurance people that have turned medicine into some sort of circus. Cutting them out of the "Doctor-Patient Relationship" will return medicine to its rightful place.
:thumbsup

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yes. medicine was ruined by insurance companies. It was supposed to make things cheaper for the patient and easier for the doctor. Well we see how that turned out!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I will trade:

1 basket tomatoes
1 bushel green beans
10 dozen corn on the cob
3 live chickens
1/2 beef

and from the Doctor I get:

hip replacement surgery

YUP - I see it happening for sure! :)
:gig

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
For that haul, I'll do it! :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
now now Deb
I need to see a medical degree (of some sort) and nowhere during the operation are you allowed to use hoof trimmers!)

Latest posts