bay window or Duckling home, either works for me

BrewCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Found a large bay window yesterday with screen sides. Window cost a me a few bucks but I think it will be a great greenhouse later down the road. However, i have been trying to figure a good place for my ducklings to stay that was a not a rubbermaid bin that they could trash(messy blighters aren't they?) anyway boom. Bay window is a great place for them ducks. Dry, safe, secure, plenty of room, and portable.

Brew

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Brilliant. Simply brilliant. Give yourself a great big pat on the back!

BrewCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks. Quick update. The window is working out great. Spring has sprung here in lower Alabama so that means a cold snap. We hit lower longer here last week than we have all winter. Go figure. Anyway, thanks to the window I was able to close the screens leaving a small space for airflow and keep the Ducks warm and cozy despite below freezing temps.

Brew

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ya' gotta love it when a plan comes together!!

BrewCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Indeed you do. I will say that the Ducklings are getting bigger and it is time for them to move to a more permanent home. Lucky for me I scored a huge amount of pallets and crates today from a local tractor, lawnmower shop.

Looks like i have some weekend plans.

Brew

BrewCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Me too. They are the most awesome building material ever and the price is right.

Brew

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have a whole pile of them out at the farm. I'll be bringing some home, probably on Tuesday, and using them to make a compost holder.

BrewCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
wow great minds think alike it seems. I am planning on building a compost holder tomorrow out of some of my pallets. Let me know how it works out for you.

Brew