Be kind

Status
Not open for further replies.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I don't know what was said to Quail_Antwerp, but I will say this - we should all be kind to each other. If you can't say anything nice, best to not say anything at all. We are all dealing with real life situations, and are posting about them on the internet. None of our internet friends or fellow posters have any insight into our real lives except for what's posted. Don't assume you know how others deal with life.

I do know if bad things happen, we need to pull together as a community (within our real life communities, too) to stand strong against adversity, not rip each other apart - we can't stand alone.

Be kind and supportive - or don't post. It's really that simple.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I can help you with that:

the-metal-peddler said: I posted from my point of view, not miss_thenorth, I did and do agree with her.

What is funny that you can come here, post your issues, people do have opinions, and you can mod your post.

Your not the only person here that post and has no mortgage debut. I own land in many countries, Korea, Spain, England, Mexico, and France.

I think miss_thenorth was focussed on your living and your husband at the same time. I think she offered sound advice, giving your husbands decline and soon medical checks.

Because you have now mod your postings, I don't think any of us can help you now.

I thought you were really dumb for spending the money so quick, not knowing your husbands condition.

You want all of us to feel sorry for you and now your husbands condition.

I wonder how you will feel when he dies?

What? Do you think bee will be right beside you?
Now you know what was said to her to make her leave this forum.

As for the last line of that post.....yes, if Aly needs me I can be beside her. Some of us have formed friendships on this forum and we support each other. I generally find this to be a good thing~apparently others do not. Your loss. :/

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh, that's just .....I believe I'll keep my hot-tempered, Irish mouth shut at this point and just walk away.
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.......

I don't agree with a lot of people here but I respect their opinions and generally speaking it's considered ill form to bring family members into a discussion, especially in an inflammatory way. Sorry, couldn't keep my Irish mouth shut.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
As for the last line of that post.....yes, if Aly needs me I can be beside her. Some of us have formed friendships on this forum and we support each other. I generally find this to be a good thing~apparently others do not. Your loss. :/
I am with Bee and Quail on this one, and Bee you are so right, some of us have formed friendships on this forum and you and Quail are both very dear to me! It's a wonderful thing!

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
No comment on this...
I don't want to get myself banned.
Sometimes my mouth.. err... fingers have a mind of their own.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Whoa, I missed that one!!!! Peddler, time to man-up and apologize to us all, but especially and sincerely to Quail. This is a time in your life that you can learn and grow. If not, please go somewhere else until you are ready to play nice. That was WAY over the top. :somad

How dare you say, so publicly, that anyone is dumb and to refer to the future death of a loved one! Holy crappp! Some of your posts are so amazing, I am starting to wonder if you are still.....you finish the sentence anyway you'd like.

As for the nice people here, rather than leave this forum, why not stand up to the bullies (like this thread is doing) so we can keep the nice ones around. I will be happy to respond if anyone wants to PM me in case I miss one of these attacks. I can strike, too, and I will defend the deserving ones, happily. Don't throw the baby out with the dirty bathwater. Stay and outnumber the jerks.

Be a man, Peddler. Do the right thing. Growth experience, and all that. We're waiting.....

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Aly, if you read this please reconsider and stay here. You know most here are pretty great people like yourself. I can see from the posts on this thread that we've got your back covered. :hugs

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I've not left. I'm sorry I just don't feel like posting anymore, or sharing any of our daily happenings.

I love you guys! I know I have good friends here, but I am obviously hurt, angry, and offended.

Oh and BTW, last time I checked, my husband wasn't dying :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.