Be thankful for what you have.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
When my dear hubby comes back at me with something like that I usually say "Good Save". But I am thinking that you might be sincere.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am thankful for what I have - every single day :)

Every day I wake up - I am thankful I am alive - I have faced the fear of not being here, my own mortality, whether it be health issues such as surviving a brain tumor, or instant decisions to make in the face of danger when out with law enforcement, etc...every day I am thankful for life?

I am thankful for my family - for a time, I grieved for what I didnt have, losing my fallopian tubes and babies to ectopic pregnancies, I grieved those losses, the loss of my fertility, of ever having more babies...but I would never have had the blessing of meeting the awesome boys that are my family now - I am thankful for my family every day?

I am thankful for what I have - It's stuff. Stuff and things. I am thankful I have some really good stuff. I like to share my stuff with other people sometimes, because I didnt always have this much, so I know what it means to not have much. So I am thankful for what I have.

It is easy to take our world forgranted sometimes. Thank you for reminding me.

Dang it, I went to the dark side of the topic again - I think Im gonna go live in the coop with my chickens. I dont think Im cut out for this public topic stuff.
Tina/tfpets

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Thats ok Tina. Sometimes we all need to be reminded there is "A Dark Side" that is much darker than ours. And how the different situations work out for others. Besides - thats why we are all here isn't it. Information, support and a friendly ear and input if needed.

Edited to add - don't crowd those chickens out - they need room to lay those wonderful eggs.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
2dream said:
Thats ok Tina. Sometimes we all need to be reminded there is "A Dark Side" that is much darker than ours. And how the different situations work out for others. Besides - thats why we are all here isn't it. Information, support and a friendly ear and input if needed.

Edited to add - don't crowd those chickens out - they need room to lay those wonderful eggs.
:D Thanks! I woke up again :D I am thankful :D

I am at work, I have a job, I can get on the internet at my job! I am thankful :D
They are going to feed us a "feast" today, Turkey, potatoes, the works today!!
I am thankful! :D

Yesterday, the Lincoln broke down, but Frankie fixed it at the shop in 1/2 an hour! Yup! I'm thankful!

My phone has been disconnected for a week and half! I need to pay that bill! I keep forgetting. Positive side - It hasnt rang in a week and a half! I'm thankful for that! :D

Ha Ha! Move over chickens!

Tina

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I may be cynical, sarcastic, picky, and grouchy but when it comes to things in a public forum that belittle one's spouse it really gets to me.

Yes, I was sincere. My wife is the most important thing in my life, next come my kids. Men and women are different and people often forget that.

:love

Hmm, my tone seems a little harsh but it isn't meant to be.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Ahhhh.... something we agree on. Men and women are definatley different. Yippe for our differences. Sure would not be any fun if we were alike. Who in the world would I give a hard time to about the way he does the dishes. (We just had our nightly laugh about the dish washing). We wash dishes completely differently so we are constantly giving each other a hard time about it. Funny hard times not serious hard times.

And Dac you are not harsh - just our loveable Curmudgeon

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I would never intend to bash my dh or men in general. My comment was made just to point out that we need to be thankful for everything that we have. Especially in times when the future is so uncertain. Reality checks are just as important to me, and i am thankful for everything we have, and i am extremely thankful for my husband. I need to be humbled every now and again also.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
miss and everyone else.

I never saw any of the posts in this thread as man bashing. This thread almost headed off the wrong way because of the dangers of text only communication.

I'm happy and thankful. Men and women are different. There are exceptions to every rule and generalities don't always apply.

:love to all.

To get back on track.

I'm thankful that I made it to see my new grandson and get my wife so we can go back home. It is hard work being away from the house for 12 hours and having to do all the chores and keep up with you folks in less than 4 hours a day.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I am thankful for my dh who is so handy & can make plans in his head & make something out of practically nothing. And for the love & support he gives me. We have been maried for 11 yrs now & have 3 kids together(he adopted my first) & he is a good dad who even changes diapers(poopy ones at that) & not afraid to tell his kids he loves them(even the 22 yr old). He has been at my side through all the miscarriages(3 with 4 babies lost). And right at my side through the birth of the 2 children. Helped as much as he could with his mom(even doing bedpan duty there too) till the end. I know he is my rock of Gibraltor & will always be there for me. As to my children I am very thankful for them too, the 3 miscarriages made me even more thankful for the 3 I do have. I am thankful we have the property we have to live the lifestyle we love so much & the vacation place(for now) up north. I am thankful for my good health too. And the fact I have my parents still even though my dad is a horrible grouch. No matter how bad things are life is good! I am rich beyond my wildest dreams! :thumbsup