Beef Brisket recipies???

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So my kids went to Aunties ranch Friday afternoon so dh and I went to dinner. :celebrate

It was lovely to sit in the local place drink a beer and just be.

Anyways we went to our local BBQ slab o meat place. I had brisket and dh had a tri tip.

We both like the brisket better. I have no idea why I have never made it before. Just never bothered.

So I picked one up today.

Found a few basic recipes, most low and slow.

Does anyone have any "to die for" recipes they want to share???

I'm going to cook it in the oven because that will be easier for me.

g

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just put it in the crock pot first thing in the morning with a bit of water, salt & pepper, lots of garlic and let it do its thing all day. Then I shred it and mix in some bbq sauce and serve as beef-on-a-bun over crusty homemade buns:

Thick Sweet Barbecue Sauce

1/2 cup chopped onion
minced garlic to taste
3 tbsp olive oil
1 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
grated lemon rind
juice of one lemon
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp dry mustard

Cook onion and garlic till tender, add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer till thickened (about 20 minutes) stirring often. Keeps about a week, but a bbq'd hamburger dinner and a brisket beef-on-a-bun dinner will use up the entire recipe.

I've also done the crock pot method above but added either a cup of salsa or a cup of home made cranberry sauce and let it simmer all day and then also served it as beef-on-a-bun. Yum!

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I keep mine simple. Salt an pepper to taste, then slow cook with onion and tomato slices on top.
you can cook it this way in the crock, oven or grill. Enjoy.
Nancy

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Here in Texas it is considered an artform to cook a brisket. :hu

I do what mom did. Marinate overnight in a baggie with italian dressing after poking it with a million fork jabs. Then in the morning put it in a baking dish and wrap it in aluminum foil. I throw in onions and garlic. I also throw in a few sprigs of fresh rosemary.

Cook at 275 degrees for hours and hours. LOL. You want it to fall apart.

I have also made this skipping the italian dressing and cook with diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, liquid smoke, molasses, worsteshire.

Its good either way. just cook super slow so its tender.