Beer Home Brewing Calendar

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just like vegetable sowing calendars and after much research, here is a beer calendar for for us home brewers. This is mainly a guideline tool.

Some beers are "seasonal" but others are not. For example a "lager" like Coors light (CL Smoothy) is not what I would call a seasonal beer. But for those who like their CL Smoothies, they drink it "mainly" in the summer months and less so in the winter months. A seasonal beer, like Oktoberfest is mainly a September, October, November beer. But heck I enjoy Oktoberfest most anytime during the fall and winter months. If that makes any sense...

If your going to be brewing your own. Start Ales about 8 weeks (2 months) before it's season. Lagers at least 16 weeks (4 months). This will give your beer time to mature and reach it's peak flavor so it can be enjoyed in season. Even this is a rough guideline because some beers may take as much as a year to fully mature, Barley wine is an example.

The colors in the cells are the 4 seasons. Gray = Winter, Green = Spring, Yellow = Summer, Red = Fall. White = when the beer is in "season".

Let me know what you think and if you see any errors.

IMG_20191101_161408400.jpg

Last edited:

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i will have to have my beer drinking friends give me their opinion on the calendar - I don't like beer anytime. Well, actually, I can drink one can if I have been working hard on a hot day.

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
CC, how expensive is it to start brewing your own?

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I had to Google the calendar to really see it clearly enough to understand it.
It is a pretty neat tool to have. I am going to send a copy to a friend in Oregon who home brews.