Best prepper sites

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Anyone want to share which sites they go to the most-both for info and supplies.

I will be putting in a freeze dried food order from Thrive this week. Otherwise I am just a young, green behind the ears newbie at prepping.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I like to track what I use and use that info to figure out how much to stock. This way makes more sense to me because it accounts for different ways of eating and different prepping goals. Some people stock for 10 - 20 years, others stock for a month.

The most common advice is stock what you eat, eat what you stock, and stock up a little at a time by buying one or two more of items on your regular grocery shopping trips.

If you grow your own, then it make sense to preserve a year's worth at a time. Some do 2 years in case of crop failure.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
This is probably too basic/newbie for most, but ready.gov is a good one. I don't prep for EOTWAWKI, I prep for situations that are likely to happen in a year, or in my lifetime. Winter storms are #1 concern here, followed by severe thunderstorm/tornado. Power outages <12 hours aren't uncommon, and a tornado can be up to a week. But car accident, flat tire, ran out of gas, locked out of the house, sickness/injury are the type of situations are where I focus prepping efforts. So, ready.gov is a good resource for me.

If you are prepping for power outage and more, take up camping or backpacking as a hobby. You'll learn how to use the items you prep.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is probably too basic/newbie for most, but ready.gov is a good one. I don't prep for EOTWAWKI, I prep for situations that are likely to happen in a year, or in my lifetime. Winter storms are #1 concern here, followed by severe thunderstorm/tornado. Power outages <12 hours aren't uncommon, and a tornado can be up to a week. But car accident, flat tire, ran out of gas, locked out of the house, sickness/injury are the type of situations are where I focus prepping efforts. So, ready.gov is a good resource for me.

If you are prepping for power outage and more, take up camping or backpacking as a hobby. You'll learn how to use the items you prep.
We are super campers! Love it.

Thanks for the help, yes prepping for what to come in the next 1-5 yrs not necessarily the apocalypse...but then again.