Big polluters

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A real eye opener... completely astounding...

Big polluters: one massive container ship equals 50 million cars

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Interesting that back in 2009 this story come out, but it seems to have been ignored by most every-one. I wonder if the "new" sulfur levels have been attained and if so, what kind of difference it is making in the pollutant output. I would have thought that the tree-huggers would have grabbed onto this info and been hammering on it for the last 11 years.

I had a "Flex" fuel vehicle when the E-85 gasoline first showed up at the pumps. I was like, "yay, its cheaper" and I used it for a summer. I kept track and although it was cheaper, the gas-milage (mpg) dropped enough that I was using more fuel and having to fill up more often. It was pretty much a wash between buying more of the E-85 or buying less of the expensive standard gasoline.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This does not surprise me. Why is this being ignored by the radical left and just people in general? It makes me mad that we are lambasted as environment haters if we run the air conditioner, drive a vehicle, and consume pretty much anything. Yet, ships like these sail the oceans with a get out of jail free, card. WTH.