Big savings on batteries...

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks, Bee. That's one of the kinds of tips I like. I immediately watched the vid, then sent the URL for it to half a dozen friends via email.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
shut the ront door! i had to send this to all the people i know also!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So had to check this out for myself. I happened to have the battery. I popped the top and it does not contain AA. It has 4 large tall batteries about the diameter of a C. Would have been cool if it was true. I guess I should have checked Snoops before I cracked the top off.

Live and learn!!

g

IMG_0320.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Good to know! :thumbsup Now....who is the little creep that took out those big batteries and stuck all those little AAs in it to fool people into believing this crap and WHY? What is the purpose of these kinds of things? Lying is something I never appreciate, but lying for no apparent reason is something I simply cannot understand.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi. Yes, two friends responded to my email giving the URL. Both expressed skepticism.

Now here is the thing: the guy who put the vid on Youtube may have done so genuinely. The lantern battery could be made up in several ways, depending on the company making the lantern battery, and on who they might have subcontracted the manufacturing to. You could wire up either D cells, C cells, or AA cells and get a 6-volt output. This is possible in terms of direct-current battery physics.

So those larger cells you found, Bee - are they the same size or different from D-cell flashlight batteries? If so, then you've found a source for them.

ADDING THIS: A friend that I sent the Youtube URL to responded that, years ago, he bought a couple lantern batteries made for the military - he said that a guy at a swap meet (flea market) was selling them, letting people know that they were made up of many AA cells inside. And, yes, it was the case, when my friend opened the big battery up.

My friend is not sure, but he thinks most of those now sold in hardware stores (and so on) are not made this way. So maybe are, some aren't... but may not be worth buying a lantern battery to find out!

Latest posts