Bit My Lip - Hard!

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi All:

Somehow during dinner last night I bit my bottom lip really hard. It was bleeding and hurt so bad I couldn't finish eating. Today its swollen to the point where I bit it again at breakfast :hit Tried putting some ACV on it, but it stung like crazy and I hate the taste. Any ideas to get the swelling to go down? I'm drinking soup out of a straw now, so afraid I'm going to bite it again! I guess I have canine sharp front bottom teeth :barnie

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ohhh OUCH! I have so do9ne that. Ibuprofen, and ice! Both will help with the swelling, and the ice will make it feel better quick! So sorry about that, I know it hurts!!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I agree about the cold bringing down the swelling.
You might try a smoothie but don't do citrus yet cause that might sting.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
When you can stand it wash and gargle with warm salt water. Salt is an antiseptic.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Ouch! Take it easy!
I had an older baby at a daycare slam his head back into my bottom lip, which caused my teeth to go part way through, so I know how it feels.

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was afraid to put ice on my lip when I posted because I thought it would stick to my lip - duh ! Put it in a ziploc and it worked great! Swelling was reduced and I did have a coconut smoothie which was soothing. Can't do the salt water thing :sick the taste is just too much for me although I know the healing qualities are great. Thanks to all who sympathized with me - kinda felt like a big baby for posting in the first place :hugs

Latest posts