Blueberry Ginger Ale #3

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Daughter and son-in-law, are both convinced that this blueberry ginger ale does help with muscle and joint pain, so they wanted to learn how to brew it. They came over to brew another batch and take notes while I supervised.

My wife swears that because i drink 1 pint a day is the reason why i didn't get the flu, when everyone did. True? IDK...

I'm still perfecting the recipe so I made a slight change to the amount of sugar to the primary fermentation.

Ingredients / Instructions.
Bring 1 gallon of spring water to a slow boil. Cut off the flame stir in 1 lb of pure cane sugar. Continue to stir until water turns clear. Then stir in 12 oz grated fresh organic (non irradiated) ginger root. Cut on flame bring to slow boil and continue to stir for 15 minutes, cut the flame off. Cool the wart in a sink of cold water by setting the covered pot in the cold water. You may need to change the water in the sink a couple of times to bring the wort down to 70 degrees or less. Pour through strainer into a cleaned and sanitized 5 gallon glass carboy. Add two additional gallons of spring water into the carboy. Pour in 1 pint of ginger bug and rock the carboy back and forth to mix together and airrate for a good minute. Then add strained juice of 1 1/2 lemons. Rock the carboy back and forth again for another minute. Bung and airlock the carboy. Move the carboy to a dark room (no sunlight) to finish fermenting.
IMG_20190328_202135813.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Day 3 - I was starting to get a little concerned about how many generations my original ginger bug could reproduce. This being the third pitching / third generation from the original. But i'm finally starting to see some activity in the carboy.

IMG_20190331_180335808.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Day 5 - nice peaceful ferment going on in there. It took a while to get going (long lag time) but its coming along now.
IMG_20190402_203835024.jpg

Latest posts