Blueberry Ginger Ale (SUCCESS)

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That is amazing!

I have a friend who has been having inflammation pain in her joints. Her husband would like to make this for her and see if it helps. He says that if nothing else, maybe having a beer a day will make her a happier wife.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is amazing!

I have a friend who has been having inflammation pain in her joints. Her husband would like to make this for her and see if it helps. He says that if nothing else, maybe having a beer a day will make her a happier wife.

Really simple to make. The hardest part is getting the ginger bug started. But once you got it you got it. Ferment your first batch and bottle. Use one of the fully carbonated bottles that was not refrigerated as the starter for your next batch. That's what I did with the 2nd batch and it worked just fine.

Or you could make it with ale yeast also instead of the ginger bug. But my thoughts are its the live ginger yeast from the ginger bug that is working for my hands.

I'm going to let you also know that yesterday morning I pulled a muscle in my back. This happens frequently to me due to back surgery I had in the late 80's. Because it happens frequently I know the drill... Make an appointment with the doctor and get a prescription for a medal dose pack (antiflamatory) lay around for 5 to 7 days until the swelling goes down and my back pops back into alignment. Well I woke up this morning to no pain in my back. Again I was amazed because I never had that happen before without taking the dose pack and waiting for like 7 days. Was it a coincidence? IDK... but read this and the health benefits of blueberries ---> https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/10-proven-benefits-of-blueberries#section10

#10 - Blueberries May Reduce Muscle Damage After Strenuous Exercise.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have been having a Ginger Blueberry smoothie most mornings with my breakfast. It is tasty, but it does not seem to be helping much with the inflamation and pain in my hands. Guess you have to ferment it to get the good stuff.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have been having a Ginger Blueberry smoothie most mornings with my breakfast. It is tasty, but it does not seem to be helping much with the inflamation and pain in my hands. Guess you have to ferment it to get the good stuff.

Yes I believe your right... Its the active (live) culture of the ginger bug that I believe is beneficial. I realized benefits within a couple of days of drinking a pint a day. I was not like taking a pill where you realize the benefit within a few hours. It took me several days before I put 2 and 2 together.