Blueberry season has begun

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Around Western WA/Puget Sound area blueberries are just starting to ripen up and will do so for the next couple of months. :celebrate Places to get them free for the picking are Blueberry park (23 acres of bushes) in Tacoma area and there is a place near Snoqualmie Pass (Lake Kachess, I think) that has wild blueberries-but I haven't been there in about 15 years so things may have changed. I'm sure there are many other places that has them too, but these are the ones I know of.

Just an FYI :D

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wild blueberries!!! I'm jealous.

I'm trying to get out and pick lots of wild blackberries this week, but it is hard to find time. I have to "suit up" to protect my skin, but that means I get HOT quick.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
BeccaOH said:
Wild blueberries!!! I'm jealous.

I'm trying to get out and pick lots of wild blackberries this week, but it is hard to find time. I have to "suit up" to protect my skin, but that means I get HOT quick.
I haven't had to pick ANY of the berries :p I just let the hubs and kids do it!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Where I live now, I have to pay for my blueberries, but I put approx 40 lbs in the freezer today. I loved it when we lived up north and could pick for free. there are differences: up north, the blueberreis are lowbush,so you have to bend down to pick them. the ones we pay to pick(b/c thre are no wild ones) are higbush blueberries and they are much easier to pick.