Bones clicking and popping.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The past couple months my bone have been clicking and popping especially in my arms and shoulders. Does anyone know the cause or any remedies?

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sounds like it could be arthritis. Think you are too young? I have it in my hands, feet and legs and I'm only 30.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I've had arthritis (RA) since I was 19, but I don't have clicking or popping. Not that I am a bg fan of chiropractic, but maybe you need to be realigned.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I have a cousin that swears by Certo and orange juice. He was just telling me about it yesterday. 1 tablespoon of Certo in 6 oz of orange juice. I did a little research and from what I saw on the internet most folks do 8 oz of either grapefruit juice or pomegranite juice. He says he only has to do this for a couple of days and then he is good for about a year.
I am going to give it a try.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I was under the impression that clicking and popping, if unaccompanied by any pain or limitation of motion, was not any sort of problem?

Hasn't been for me anyhow. I have clicky-poppy bits, and arthritic bits, but the two do not coincide and the former has never progressed to the latter, for me.

Pat

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would suspect that you may need to drink more water.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I don't know what is causing it, but if it is not painful I would suggest what I do--Just really good stretching. Sometimes I get hip and knee popping, and it seems like really good yoga or stretching helps things balance out again. Good luck!

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Morel- Thanks for reminding me about glucosamine. I took some this morning.

Aidenbaby- I am in my 40's so it wouldn't surprise me.

Miss_ the north- I went to a chiropractor once years ago and couldn't stand it. Although it did cross my mind that I might need to do it.

2dream- I googled Certo and I might try that. I don't think it would hurt anyway.

patandchickens- I am having some pain when I twist my arms a certain way and I do have some limited motion. I am not sure if this is arthritis though. I almost think there are pinched nerves involved.

Makay- One thing I do is drink lots of water!

I am having inflamation.
I was thinking maybe my body was too acidic but I eat a lot of vegetables especially now that my garden is producing well.
My husband thinks it is our mattress,
I just know it is driving me crazy! I can't stand the noise of bones clicking and popping.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I suggest having a doctor (or chiropractor; mine had an x-ray machine) take some x-rays to be sure. The arthritis in my knees pops, in my feet it felt like I broke my foot and my hands usually only get stiff. So I'm thinking that the "feel" of it can vary as to location and use.