Booker81's Journal...Backward Steps again...favorite healing tips?

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:D

Heya!!

So....I've spent most of my time on BYC, and most recently have decided I want PIGS. A thread in there brought me to BYH, which brought me here. You can blame it on OFG ;) too much good info to be found in just one place!

Better start with that list of 100 questions....

01. Name? Jen
02. Gender? Female
03. Disneyworld or Disneyland? Cedar Pointe! :D
04. What is your favorite color? Red
05. What is your favorite kind of gum? Whatever's not stale..
06. How much do you weigh? I'm allergic to scales...
07. How tall are you? Tall and shrinking, just under 5'10" now :(
08. Can you swim? Heck yeah!
09. Do you like to swim? Heck yeah!
10. Living arrangement? With the hubster and small child, in an old farmhouse that is providing a lifetime of home repairs.
11. What's on your mouse pad? A squishy wrist thing?
12. Favorite board game? I rule at Scrabble! RAWR!
13. Favorite magazine? Field and Stream
14. Favorite Actor? I'm going to marry Mike Rowe.
15. Favorite Actress? Meh. If Mike Rowe were female, then that.
16. Do you have an accent? Eh?
17. Favorite smells? Grilled anything :) Apple wood smoke!
18. Least favorite smells? "Scent Killer" deer scent spray. Makes me puke.
19. Favorite sound? A pine campfire.
20. Do you prefer pools or oceans? Ocean!
21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer? Is that still on? Not a TV watcher
22. Pencil or pen? Keyboard. My handwriting is illegible, even to me.
23. Who's better - boys or girls? I'll get back with ya on this one...
24. Would you like to own a motorcycle? Nope. I like 4 wheeled transport.
25. Do you sing in the shower? Nope. In the car, yes.
26. Who's the best looking Disney character? Can Mike Rowe be made a Disney character?
27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? Terry, turn the dang alarm off!!!
28. How many rings before you answer the phone? That's what caller ID and voicemail is for.
29. How do you want to die? Fast
30. Have you ever called a 900 number? Nope
31. Gold or silver? Gotta check with Yukon Cornelius on this one....
32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping? Heck no!
33. Do you like dressing up? Not especially.
34. Would you rather be short or tall? I like my height now...but finding long enough pants is a problem.
35. Do you enjoy reading? Lots
36. What book are you reading now? Some Dean Koontz until my Storeys Guide to Raising Pigs arrives.
37. Favorite books? Books that are big enough you could cause bodily harm with. Anything really. I read the freaking paper wrapper on toilet paper for heavens sake.
38. What was the last movie you saw? At the theater? Dunno. Rented Salt on the satellite the other night though.
39. Favorite movies? Anything Tarantino.
40. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? I don't think my hubby would like to be called an animal...
41. What is your sign? Taurus!
42. What are your personality traits? Socially inept in person, happy to hide behind a computer, like to make things, tend to break things, and always willing to try anything.
43. What's your biggest fear? That something will happen to my family.
44. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery? Nah. Was supposed to get a few scars cleaned up, but I like looking like frankenstein. Good times!
45. Future child's name? Justin
46. Favorite foods? BACON
47. Chocolate or vanilla? Dark Chocolate
48. Do you like to drive fast? Sometimes...
49. Storms - cool or scary? Storms = hubster makes money.
50. Do you like to dance? I fall down frequently, does that count?
51. Do you do drugs? Prescription only, as prescribed.
52. Do you smoke? Sigh, yes, for now. Ask again in a month. And then a month later that will change too.
53. What do you think of people who smoke? Their choice, don't do it around folks who don't like it.
54. Do you drink?I has coffee! Heh. But beer, wine, all good. No more tequila. Jose is no longer a friend of mine.
55. Favorite drink? Coffee and Diet Mountain Dew
56. Do you think men and women could ever be just friends without wanting each other? Yup. Of course, I had to go and mess that up. Hubster and I were friends for YEARS, and then I had to go and decide to marry him.
57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? NOM NOM NOM
58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? What I'm doing now :)
59. What's your "type"? The one I got :) Hard working, good loving, patient, built, friendly, strong, and caring.
60. Do you bite your nails? Um no.
61. Any siblings? Yup, three.
62. What movies have you cried in? Too many.
63. Do you believe in God? Not especially.
64. Did you ever cry over a guy/girl? yYup
65. Have you ever stolen anything? Nope.
66. Do you procrastinate? Usually!
67. Do you believe in fate? Meh, more of a karma girl, if not in this life, then the next.
68. Who's your favorite Sesame Street character? Gar, I don't remember that far back.
69. Do you organize your CD's? I don't even remember where I put them, let alone "organize".
70. What is your favorite kind of music? I'll take anything!
71. What are your favorite bands/artists? Too many to list. Anything from Sinatra to Ke$ha, with a dose of Don Edwards thrown in
72. What was the last CD you got? Uhhhh what?
73. MTV or VH1? TV is the devil, unless it's BBQ U or Good Eats. Or Mike Rowe.
74. Who do you admire the most? My Dad and my hubby
75. Internet Boyfriends and Girlfriends? No thanks.
76. Are you single? Married :)
77. Favorite TV show? Dirty Jobs, Good Eats, BBQ U
78. Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? Black and Gray :)
79. Glasses or contacts? None
80. What color are your eyes? Brown
81. What is your natural hair color? Brown
82. But what color is it now? Brown
83. Have you ever been in love? Yup!
84. Any pets? Old Lab, chickens
85. Good, decent, or poor grades? Very good, though none of the schooling I have has anything to do with what I do now.
86. Is the glass half empty or half full? Uh....fill up please?
87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? Kinda...
88. What's under your bed? Herds of dog hair bunnies....
89. What is your favorite number? 19
90. Favorite sport to watch? Meh.
91.Kids? One
92.Significant other's name? Terry
93.Do you like your parents? Yup
94.what kind of car do you own? Older Expedition, hubs has a Silverado
95.Naked or pajamas? TShirt
96.Messy or neat? Messy, but hubby takes care of me and cleans after my hurricane of destruction. I feed him well in exchange.
97.Did you go to college? Yup, Molecular Biotechnology and Microbiology - which I do not use.
98.Do you work? Yup, a mix of IT and problem solving/brainstorming.
99.Weirdest job? A lottery sales rep in Flint, MI. After getting my CCW, I decided it was retarded to need a CCW to work for $15/hr, and I quit.
100.How old are you? Not quite to the hill, but getting close!

Holy cow!

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Alright, got some more coffee....

So, about ME! :D :D :D

We live out in BFE, where you can't depend on fire or police service, but it's all good, because folks here take care of each other. There's some Hatfield/McCoy stuff, but it's pretty tame.

I finally got chickens again last spring, to the surprise of my favorite person in the world, the hubby. He's grown to like them quite a bit, and our daughter (3), loves them. I had 5 roosters at one point, but kids and mean chickens don't mix. Three of those roos were mighty tasty. The other two keep their distance.

Now, I want a pig. In a big way. I want to eat said pig. I want BACON! Which brings me here. I hope to learn a lot, and share maybe a little. I garden and can a lot, hunt and fish, and love being able to produce our food without a trip to the supermarket. I love being able to bring gifts to others in the form of homemade jam and fresh bread. Right now I have my work mates amazed at the idea of get this...homemade BAGELS. So easy, yet apparently so hard to understand. So I bring them in occasionally, and let the hounds of the IT group devour.

What else....went to school for fancy biology and microbiology stuff, worked in food safety for a while, playing with my "bugs", then moved to working for the State, organic chem. Left to have the little one. Went to go back to work after a year, no jobs. Found a job with the state lottery, that was suck in a big way, got tired of being chased and using my cellphone in my pocket as a fake gun, so I quit that. Ended up working for a large insurance company, data entry/processing, and ended up in IT. I love it. I love more the fact that I can walk out of that high tech door, and walk into my low tech redneck home, and all is wonderful. It's a split personality life, and for some reason I love it.

But for now....I want BACON!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
You are gonna fit right in here darlin'!

Welcome to the madness! :lol:

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Bacon is deliciousness!!!

Criminy, I might have to just buy a darn pig off CL and see if our friend will just come over and help me slaughter it NOW. I want bacon....

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
WELCOME!! :welcome

I make my own bacon from bellies that the local butcher supplies us.
I use my own low sodium rub on it, smoke it, slice it and then we divide it into meal size portions, vacuum seal it and freeze it.

391982192.jpg

391982185.jpg

391982188.jpg

391982195.jpg

391986732.jpg

391986730.jpg

391986728.jpg

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:welcome DS has an autographed pic of Mike Rowe. It hangs in his bedroom. He watches every Dirty Jobs and every Ford commercial there is with him in it. Wow, so you know about bugs? That might be useful in the fermenting section! You can help answer my questions when I ask "Is it SUPPOSED to have a layer of green slime on top that is looking at me?" LOL

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score