Bought Meat Grinder for 20.00 !!!

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hubby and I went for walk this morning and stopped at garage sale up the street from us... They had a cast iron " Enterprise" Meat Grinder ( made in USA ) for 20.00... hubby bought it for me..
How to I take care of it.. I have it soaking in hot soapy water right now.. will dry real good then put some veg. oil on it..

Now all I need is a good recipe to make patty sausage !!!!

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'll have to take some and get them put on disk then transfer to here...

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow, what a great find! Don't you love yard sales? I got an electric yogurt maker at one for $5 years ago, and have used it ever since. One man's trash is another's treasure.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ORChick said:
http://www.sausagemaker.com/meatgrinders.aspx

In case you need any spare parts - perhaps a new blade - this place seems to have a lot. I've bookmarked it for when I need extra parts for my garage sale find ;).
I have ordered from this guy! the blade on mine (a cast iron #10) had suffered a broken tooth. Customer service was first rate, and I had my new blades in less than a week. He also sells a book (and a vidio) on sausage making which I didn't buy since I learned from my uncle.~gd

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
ooooooo pictures please!!!! We bought a stainless steel grinder a couple years back and it was the best $100 we ever spent.

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OOOH thank you for the link to the parts place. I wonder if they would have parts for this grinder.