Bread makers... .help?

dianer29

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Bread makers need your assist: I have a new small wooden pizza peel like the kind pizza makers use to transfer dough to the ovens. I am using corn meal to act as bearings but this is artisan bread and has to be transfered to a hot stone to back. The wet dough will not shake off.....any suggestions.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not what you want to hear, I know, but I just put mine away until I could get it to the thrift store :lol: Not so much that the bread was sticking in my case, but I was getting cornmeal all over when I used it. It seemed like such a good idea ... but I only used it a few times. When I move loaves now I use a wide metal board scraper - not ideal but OK.

cjparker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Are you using that Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day recipe? I use the recipe (with a few adjustments) but I bake the bread on an oiled cookie sheet. I put my lower oven shelf on the lowest position, then put a glass casserole dish full of hot water on it when I start preheating the oven. Then when the oven is at 450, I just quickly place the cookie sheet on the upper shelf. The bread comes out yummy.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
You could try a layer of flour as well as the corn meal....or do what I do, use parchment. I place my shaped dough on parchment to rise, then I just slide the parchment with the loaf on top onto my waiting hot pan.

dianer29

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Dace:weather ok by you?
Thank you everybody for help!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
dianer.....I love it! It is rainy, dark and wet.....our garage is flooding (not badly) the yard has become a pond, the dog is fed up and the chickens are rebelling.

Aside from having to drive the kids to and from school, which I dread because of the many tall eucalyptus along the route......one fell on Tuesday. I am happy to hole up in the house and spend my time futzing around the kitchen :)

Thanks for asking:) Are you in this mess too?

Edited to add...there is also debris everywhere....trash, branches from trees, leaves, etc. As you drive down the street it is amazing the amount of debris all over the road.

Biggest storm yet, is hitting today!

Latest posts