1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. 4 Thieves Vinegar - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

British Grid Boss: No Wind, No Power, No Worries

Discussion in 'Other Power Generation - Wind, Hydro, Geothermal, ' started by k0xxx, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Apr 3, 2011
    k0xxx

k0xxx Mr. Sunshine

England is heavily invested in wind power, and plans a six fold increase of wind generation. The CEO of England's electrical monopoly may just be pointing out the new paradigm of a world with less, or super expensive oil, but it doesn't sound very appealing for an industrialized country.

British Grid Boss: No Wind, No Power, No Worries

Because of a six-fold increase in wind generation, which wont be available when the wind doesnt blow, The grid is going to be a very different system in 2020, 2030, he told BBCs Radio 4. We keep thinking that we want it to be there and provide power when we need it. Its going to be much a smarter system than that."

I believe that I came across the original story in London newspaper The Daily Telegraph, but have since lost it. This was the only other reference to the interview that I could locate.

2. Aug 3, 2013
    robinhoodie

robinhoodie Enjoys Recycling

That's why with renewables we have to diversify. Wind, solar, geothermal, biogas, biodiesel etc. plus grid-level and residential energy storage, even a continental smart-grid that distributes energy around would be something worth considering. Not just wind power, that's the catch with renewables.