broilers

BirchHatchery

Power Conserver
Reaction score
the time for meat birds is fast approching were have yall found the best and cheapiest place to order them from so far i have found central hatchery cornish rocks go 100 of them for 70 dollars purdy good deal but i have never orderd from them. I get my cornish rock and raise them to 4 months of age tho unlike the traditional 6-10 week range i just feed them layer feed instead of high of protien feed let them run as much as i can and after the first week of life restrict feed intake keeping them to 4 months of age makes their meat stronger flavor like that of a rhode island red who you butcher at 4-5 months old but my cornish weigh roos at 8-10 and hens 6-7 purdy good in 4 months range for stronger flavor of meat and people pay more for that kind of raising. I have 7 cornish rocks that are a year old today that i feed 4 ounces to each bird a day sum get more or less but the roosters weigh 10-13 pounds hens around 7-9 the hens laid a few eggs but nothin much i just kept them to see if i could beat the odds and what everyone says about them and i could their very healthy

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Im going the heritage chicken route this year. 25 Black Australorp cockerels for me. Im going to feed them different than the cornish.