Broken finger...again...any tips for pain?

ThisOldCabin

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks,everyone,for the tips and help.My finger feels lots better.Its at least 3-4 different colors,still swollen and hurts when I forget and let it get bumped.You wouldn't think a little pinky finger could hurt so much or that your hand uses it as much as it does.:rolleyes:I did use a wet washcloth soaked in ice water and just kicked back with my arm resting across my chest and drank a couple cold ones.:D I plan on trying not to hurt it again for a few weeks.:)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I agree with the epsom salt soaks....really work for localized pain. If it hasn't already been mentioned, the popsicle stick splint isn't such a bad idea if you place it between your pinky and ring finger and tape the two together. A thin layer of gauze cushioning wouldn't go amiss on this contraption....this will keep you from bending it and using it by accident for the next several days. As long as you want to stay with natural remedies, aspirin is derived from nature and is pretty effective for this type of pain.... :)

Brooke Kilby

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I know you are probably long healed by now, hopefully, lol, but for the future and just in case anyone is reading this, I wanted to add that taking arnica works wonders when you break any body parts. It reduces inflammation and swelling and relieves pain.

You can get it on ebay and amazon and it is usually carried at the local health stores.

Hope this helps:)

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi Brooke and welcome! :frow
Please take a moment to introduce yourself over at the 'where am I' part of the forum index, k?

What's arnica?

OH, and now I see that there's a thread talking about it!