Bug Hotels

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Neat. I live next to the woods, so I don't know if I really need one, though.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I saw that yesterday when perusing for ideas to use pallets. This is a very neat idea!! We may do one here out by the garden :)

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I saw that yesterday when perusing for ideas to use pallets. This is a very neat idea!! We may do one here out by the garden :)
Beware pallets are often treated to kill bugs. Natural wood is better.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
~gd said:
Wannabefree said:
Beware pallets are often treated to kill bugs. Natural wood is better.
That's pallets in that photo :hu I know pallet wood can be bad, but...

BrewCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Just have to check to make sure you see HT on the pallets. means heat treated and also means it is ok for bugs, beasts, etc. No chemicals in there as far as I know.

As for the hotel they look awesome. Might be something i make for the garden here as well.

Brew

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have some informal "hotels" on our property, just a couple of short logs from a tree we took down a few years ago that have a few holes drilled into them, but something organized and "pretty" like that looks like fun!

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
BrewCrew said:
Just have to check to make sure you see HT on the pallets. means heat treated and also means it is ok for bugs, beasts, etc. No chemicals in there as far as I know.Thats new info to me Thanks a bubch `gd

As for the hotel they look awesome. Might be something i make for the garden here as well.

Brew

nelson castro

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Brilliant ideas for providing a home to pollinators that it deserves for making our garden a lot more beautiful..