Build your own YURT

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That is pretty cool and I bet they would be useful for any number of things. I remember a few months ago talking to my husband while flipping through a Mother Earth News magazine and showed him the yurts and joked about living in one. He looked at is and said "I am NOT living in a tent."

:lol: So primary living structure is out of the list of purposes, for us anyway! :lol:

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I love the look of the yurts, probably out of the question here in Nebraska with our terrible cold winters and high winds... but gosh perhaps I can pop one onto a private island somewhere warm! :D

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
And maybe one of those radiant rocket heaters....

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My husband's been talking about it for a while now. He think's it's a great idea to live in one while we tear down our current house and rebuild. He got the idea from my best friend. He needs to stop listening to her.

Hattie the Hen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Here are some photos of some really beautiful yurts: http://www.coloradoyurt.com/yurts/index.php
:frow :frow

Hi bbh,

Beautiful photos of wonderful yurts, set in incredible scenery.
As a child I use to see them in the National Geographic Magazines & I always wanted to experience being in one. Recently we seem to have had several programs showing the life of various groups of nomadic people who still use them. A lot of whom live in very cold areas.

I wish I was younger & fitter as I would love to live in one for a while. I know they are becoming quite popular to stay in as holiday homes here in the UK.

Much more fun than an ordinary tent. :D

Hattie