Can I Put This On My Face

caboodleschicks

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am wondering if I can put baby soap and cinnamon combination on my face. I don't know if it would cause a reaction or something. That I know of my face isn't sensitive to anything, so all I need to know is...

Can I put this on my face and is this a safe remedy?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't know why the cinnamon....but if that's what you want to do, then do a small test patch and see if you have a reaction to it. Better than smearing it all over your face and breaking out in a puffy, itchy rash.

caboodleschicks

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I don't know why the cinnamon....but if that's what you want to do, then do a small test patch and see if you have a reaction to it. Better than smearing it all over your face and breaking out in a puffy, itchy rash.
Because I heard cinnamon was good for acne, so I thought that might work. Okay, I'll try that. Thanks! :D

Remedy for what? :hu I've read that a honey/cinnamon mask is good for breakouts...the cinnamon kill the bacteria and the honey soothes the skin....but that you shouldn't leave it on very long because the cinnamon can be an irritant.
Acne. Okay, thanks! That's exactly why I was making it. So, the honey helps potion out the cinnamon?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The cinnamon can cause a reaction if left a long time, but a set time as a mask shouldn't hurt unless you just react to it anyway.

I'd test a spot if it were me. I tend to react to a lot of things and some of which leave me with basically chemical burns that will eventually peel.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here's what I saw:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/03/cinnamon-beauty-benefits_n_3857058.html

2. Anti-acne face mask.
Get down and dirty to your pores with a homemade acne treatment made out of 3 tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon. Whip into a thick paste that will resemble chocolate and smooth onto your face. The cinnamon will stop the acne-causing bacteria, and the honey will work to reduce redness and restore moisture. Leave on for about ten minutes (or until it starts to burn), then wash off and pat face dry.

caboodleschicks

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The cinnamon can cause a reaction if left a long time, but a set time as a mask shouldn't hurt unless you just react to it anyway.

I'd test a spot if it were me. I tend to react to a lot of things and some of which leave me with basically chemical burns that will eventually peel.
Ah. Okay. Ouch! I'll have to test it then.

Here's what I saw:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/03/cinnamon-beauty-benefits_n_3857058.html

2. Anti-acne face mask.
Get down and dirty to your pores with a homemade acne treatment made out of 3 tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon. Whip into a thick paste that will resemble chocolate and smooth onto your face. The cinnamon will stop the acne-causing bacteria, and the honey will work to reduce redness and restore moisture. Leave on for about ten minutes (or until it starts to burn), then wash off and pat face dry.
Thank you! I'll have to go to the store and buy some honey. :)

Thanks y'all for all your help! I really appreciate it! :D

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have also heard good things about using Castor Oil as a cleanser- it apparently dissolves the clogs in the pores, and keeping the skin well-moisturized prevents the oil glands from going into hyper-drive