Can Someone Please Cheer Me Up?

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So, we made an offer on the house on Tuesday. The seller was asking $81,900. We offered $82,000 with a concession of $3000 for closing. This was our OPENING OFFER. Between you, me, and the lamppost, we would have easily gone up to $85,000 with the closing concession, and probably more.

The seller's response was to say, no, I really want $90,000 with no concession- wait, nevermind, I'm pulling this house from the market!

In this market, I'm not begging anyone to sell me her house. But I am so bummed out. There's nothing else close enough to DH's work.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OH WOW that is a bummer!

she pulled it off the market....when she was offered full price? and then some? whack job I assume :lol: :lol:

It will happen. That perfect home in the perfect location. I remember when looking for land 15 years ago. A dollar short, a day late, etc. ON THE PERFECT place every time.......to be disappointed in not getting that property for whatever reason------THEN I hit my land. Still here 15 yrs later and SO THANKFUL I got this street and location and love my home! :) and after I say, wow I am glad I didn't get that other place LOL

so hang in there, it is down the road for ya...just waiting and it will jump up and bite ya in the butt and it will be yours and you will be very happy!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh man. Major bummer. :hugs

We had a similar experience years ago. We offered exactly what the asking price was, and then boom, they wanted more and more. It was crazy. In the end, we didn't get it and I cried with frustration. Why was this dangled in front of me like a carrot, only to be yanked away?

A year later, some property behind it sold and is now a smelly sand pit with loud equipment. Like Farmer Chick, I was soooo thankful that things went the way they did then. A couple years after that, we found this property, for $20K less and we love it here!

Hang in there, maybe something better is around the bend.

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
There will be other houses.I know you liked this one,but don't let emotion get the best of your pocket book. I hate looking at houses as we have no money,but I just found one that is only 39k.It started out at 65k.It is hard to stomach the house prices these days when just 5 years ago homes sold for double....when we bought!

The seller will regret.You know some people just put their home on the market to see the offers they would get.If the house pops onto the market I would offer less next time(if you are still looking).

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
You should have offered below asking price. Most folks will think it's worth more, and thus ask for more, if you give them what they're asking on the first offer. Sorry you missed this one, but there may be a reason for that ;) Hang in there :hugs

goatilocks

Power Conserver
Reaction score
DH and are are negotiating a piece of forclosed property right now. The bank was asking $399.000. We offered $100,000. They countered with $230,000. Waiting on word from another bank to see what our top offer can be before we counter. Its 60 acres with a pond. We want this so bad im about to pee my britches... So I know how you feel. If we miss this, it will suck. :hugs

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I pray that it all works out for both of you.

To help cheer you up, I can't believe the low cost of a house in your area--around here the average house price is $466,844 and the median selling price is $395,000. That's average and median, what normal people are paying for houses here--your basic 1000 sq ft 3 bedroom/1 bath rancher or equivalent two-story home.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of "everything happens for a reason." Something that makes no sense or breaks your heart today will look completely different 5 years from now. Your perfect spot is still out there waiting for you to find it. :) :hugs

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i too am an "all for a reason" kinda gal and i get a feeling your going to be seeing that house back on the market soon

i saw a few of those when i was looking, agents encoraging people to put their house on the market for what its worth (usually less than the owner wants to hear) but they use words like "bidding wars" ect.
when the seller isnt geting the bids they realy want (rather than what there asking/what its worth) they throw a hisy fit and decide to "wait it out" 3 months later theres the house, back on the market and you know now there feeling a little more desperate and offer lower than the last time lol...

or even better is that in the mean time something even better comes alng.

*hugs* dnt loose hope, i hated the process but so far its been worth the hassle, youll get there *hugs*

Latest posts