Canning Jars

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Don't sure this is the right forum,but I had to share my greatest find of the year!!

DH called me today to tell me of an Craigslist add "canning jars 10 cents each". Can you believe that price, so I give them a call, just sure they are all gone, but noooo she has between 50-100 jars, jelly, pints and qts, so I boot-scoot it across town and get them all for the 6 bucks I had in my pocket,plus a big box of rings to go with them.. Iam so stoked.:ya

Recipes of what to put in them is now running around my little brain!

Cheap canning jars are almost as good as gettin diamonds!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
That is a great deal! Just think... you couldn't even have gotten a dozen for $6 at the retail price! AND, how great is it to have a DH who was on it?

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
GREAT find. I had a good load here a few weeks ago. A lady "inherited"
a few boxes with her new house and wanted to get them out of the basement. I got 11 boxes of mostly quart jars. YAHHHH!!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Congrats!!!!!

I had that same deal on my last find. 96 jars for under 10 bucks. Love it!!!

I sew an add on CL yesterday. the lady wanted 50 cents a jar. I asked for a good price on the whole lot. We will see.

gina

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yes this was the deal of my year, now I get to sort them and wash them and then on to filling them which should be no problem, sure glad I had DH fix up two more shelves in the spare room.

Gina- hope your deal comes though, even 50 cents is a good deal.

craigslist is my DH hobby, he is on there all the time,even at work when it is slow,(shhhh dont tell the boss) the only problem is that we both work and lots of times the good deals are gone before we can get to them.

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow! Great deals! I wish I had enough room in my small apartment to store that many jars!