Cat 1/Rats 0

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Turns out there was at least 3 rats, because we found one dead in the old stove, and last night E heard noises in the cupboard, so he took the cat to the kitchen and flipped on the light and two rats leaped out..Cat went nuts! She leaps out of DH's arms and goes into full hunt/attack/kill mode.

She grabs the rat (and this is like 12:30 am ya'll so I'm sound asleep!) I jump straight up in bed because I hear the ruckus, thought DH's back went out or something or that he fell. Then I hear this awful squeaking/screaming and DH is running into the bedroom behind the cat...who has a HUGE rat!!

Well, she likes to torture her prey before killing them. So she injured the rat so he couldn't run away and sat on my bedroom floor taunting it. Then we heard the tell tale squeak of death. She won't eat what she kills. So DH had to get his gloves on picked up dead rat by tail and tossed it out the back door.

The rat was almost the size of our 3 month old kitten, Jester!

We are really proud of Callie for killing it! Now she's been waiting all day for the second one!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
OMG!!
I can not even tell my DH anymore stuff that goes on at your house or he will not let me come visit this spring!!! He was already freaked out at the first rat finding!!!
Never a dual moment at your house!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
NOW that is a cat worth owning!
My kind of cat!

That cat earns its keep! MEOW!
You ROCK brave Cat!

I love when I know my cats are hunting in the barns and such....I want that varmint population under control! :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Nope, never a dull moment. Some days, sure feels like I am living in a zoo!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Can I let you r cat check out my garage?? My kitten brought in a lizard the other day. I figure its a start. At least your DH was with the cat. I would have hated to find it in the morning laying next to the bed. :D

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Can I let you r cat check out my garage?? My kitten brought in a lizard the other day. I figure its a start. At least your DH was with the cat. I would have hated to find it in the morning laying next to the bed. :D
Yeah, imagine stepping on a huge dead rat as you get out of bed... ewwwww.