Cattle Loose--Whooppee!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the cows went thru the fence.

2 monster bulls....Tony said they were easy to get, just behind the old house we rent near the barn. So they came back with a bucket of feed into the corral area.

18 heifers......they were way over in Barb's corn fields trying to mingle with her Holsteins in her pasture.

That was a roundup back into our pasture.

Tony said it was a nightmare.....well, not a killer, but alot of time to convince 18 heifers to go somewhere when they don't want to.

thank goodness the bulls were easy. they are dangerous.

So Tony and his Dad are over fixing the 20 ft. of fence they knocked down....and this fence is old so getting close to having to replace instead of repair. This will be a 14 acre fence replacement. UGH

Ch-CHING! can we say open the cash register again!

:)

it's always something

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I bet that was quite a show! Wow. Reminds me of when I was a little girl, our neighbor's plow mule got lose of him and went rip-roaring around in our back yard. To a 10 year old, that was HILARIOUS! :)

Glad to hear everyone is safe & sound.

Cassandra

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
YIKES!! Wow FC, you have just been slammed with things the last couple of weeks! I am glad the bulls at least came back easily!
I hope the rest of your weeks goes better!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
This reminds me of when I was a kid and I let my uncles hogs out of the shed...there were about 15 of them...boy did I get a whoopin' for that one. City kids...:>)

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
That was lucky about the bulls- one of God's scariest creatures for sure.
I read on another site about a man who was looking to by some land out in the hill and live the good life of a gentlemant farmer- he said he could just picture himself getting up and feeding the chickens and goats for about 15 minutes while his wife fixed breakfast for him to enjoy and relax over...................
Oh has he got a surprise coming......................

Fencing animals is costly- you seem to have had a drains on your resources lately- I hope you are in line for a break soon.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
EEEoooWWW
yea all the stuff gets old and crappy at the same time...fencing, barns, tractors, you name it..HA HA

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Funny story about a bull.

Dad always trout fished a stream near where we lived long long long long ago.....he would cut thru the farmers pasture and fish off a small dock and along the riverbed.

Now he knew cattle were in there, thinking nothing of it.

One day he was on the dock, and fished a long time and turned around and there stood a monster black bull.
Yup, ring thru nose and snorting and wild eyed....LOL

Dad just stood there hoping that sucker wasn't coming onto the dock..HA HA HA

Well Dad just stood there facing him cause that bull stood there for about 2 hours not letting him pass...he was scared to just turn his back on him and fish while he was there....LOL....simple as that--stand and wait.....Armed with a fishing pole, Dad wasn't thinking he was top on the food chain at that moment..HA HA HA

Eventually the bull got tired, wandered off...........Dad was about 1/2 way thru the pasture and caught that sucker turning and heading for him at warp speed......

well Dad kicked it into high gear, waders and all......and hit the fence hard and fast.

He made it...HA HA HA

Bull 1
Dad 0

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
My first really scary bull thing was driving first with my horse trailer through a narrow canyon on a ranch with about 10 other rigs following me- I ran smack dab into a small herd with a bull- a biiiiigggg bull.
I stopped but they showed no chance of moving off and I couldn't go back so I opened the truck door a flapped my bright red sweat shirt vaguely in their direction- I was trying to disturb them without antagonizing the bull. Eventually the cows decided that I was disturbing them and ambled off, leaving the bull staring at me trying to decide whether it was worth trying to charge the truck and trailer.
While he was mulling it over and I was sweating in the truck looking him in the eye, he noticed he had lost control of his girls and took off after them.
My friends later told me I was crazy.