NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband's old boss used to rave about the stuff, we always gave it to him when we found it. DH just found a bunch and we want to figure out what to do to make tea. He's read all about the health benefits, etc. (I if course won't be trying it while I'm pregnant because I'm neurotic and I doubt they've done studies to prove it's safe, lol)

So, anyone make chaga tea?

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Showing my ignorance here.....never heard of it. :(

PREGNANT?!!! How far along are you? Is this your first or 10th? ;)

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Never heard of it before but just went to look it up. I found that stuff all the time up in northern Wisconsin. Now I live too far south for birch trees. Who knew that stuff was good for you. :)

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That is fascinating. I don't believe we have any Birch trees around here.

NH Homesteader: Are you pulling for a boy or a girl? I hope you are having an easy pregnancy!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks! The beginning was rough but I feel pretty normal now. Like I keep having to remind myself I can't lift hay bales lol. We'll find out on the 15th what we're having. DD was rooting for a sister pretty hard, now she says she doesn't care. DH and I are happy either way. I have a boy feeling... We'll see...

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ahhhh....I remember those days. I remember trying to chase the dog down one day when I was 6 months pregnant. I think I was running in slow motion!!

As long as it has 10 fingers and 10 toes you will be fine! :)