Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe

According to the cookbook this recipe came from, there is so much butterfat in this frozen dessert that it will never freeze solid; instead its consistency remains soft and creamy. That may be true if you leave it in the freezer for the 5 to 6 hours they recommend; but an overnight freeze left ours completely solid!

Instead of the red wine, we served it topped with fresh strawberries and freshly whipped slightly sweetened heavy cream. :drool

Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Freeze Time: 5 to 6 hours

4 egg yolks
6 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 cups milk
Peeled rind of 1/2 a lemon
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 pound fresh strawberries, hulled & larger ones cut up
6 Tablespoons red wine, optional

Combine the egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl with 1/4 cup of the milk. Place the remaining milk and the lemon rind in a saucepan over low heat and heat slowly until hot. Stir about 1/4 cup of hot milk into the egg yolk mixture. Return the mixture to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Remove the lemon peel.

Add the cream cheese, whisking until smooth. Beat the cream until soft peaks form. Whisk into the custard.

Pack the mixture firmly into a deep, 1 1/2 pint glass or plastic container. Cover tightly and freeze for 5 to 6 hours, until firm.

Scoop the ice cream into balls with an ice cream scoop and store in a covered container in the freezer.

Serve the ice cream scoops in dessert glasses with the strawberries and, if desired, a tablespoon of red wine pour over each serving.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think I might try to replace the sugar with stevia, though...
I should not read the recipe section when I'm hungry for lunch.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I made up a cheesecake ice cream recipe, but I used lime in mine and creme fraiche, not all the other stuff. Cheesecake ice cream is yummy. :D

Latest posts