Chemtool Inc fire

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Huge fire at Chemtool Incorporated, Rockton IL. I'm sure most everyone knows of Chemtool. "The company manufactures fluids, lubricants and grease products which are distributed worldwide". I was told it's one of the largest producers in the world, though I have not verified that as fact.

My wife just got back home from up there and she said the smoke was visible from miles away. And the fire was so intense, that fire trucks couldn't get close to the fire. They had to spray it from the far side of the parking lot.

I'm conserned what this may do to the availability and price of lubricants and grease. I just did an oil change in both trucks. Valvoline full synthetic 5w30 was $10.00 a quart at AutoZone before this.

With the autozone combo sale, It was cheaper to get 3 5 gallon jugs and 3 K&N filters, than it would have been to get 2 5 gallon jugs, 2 quarts and 2 K&N filters. Our trucks take 6 quarts.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I suppose if you're like me, you keep a small supply of things. I buy hydraulic fluid in 5 gal lots, just did all oil and Hyde filter/ fluids in tractor. Had oil done in truck. Car not due and driven seldom. So I'll grab a couple extra units and feel ok for quite a while. Not gonna panic. But, I can see how prices will go up.