Chicken coop and run

nuts4hotwheels

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I made a chicken coop and run from recycled material that was destined for a landfill. Most of it was from an old fence that somebody gave to me, some of it was given to me from somebody on Craigslist.com and other pieces were collected from other sources. I tend to grab anything useful from trash.

I bought hardware like screws and nails and the fencing for the run but the rest was free.

It was a little bit of a challenge, because some of the wood was warped, but I think it turned out pretty good for my first coop and I enjoy my fresh free range eggs.

coop5406937.jpg

nuts4hotwheels

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I got the rocks for free, as well. :)

I do live in the suburbs and I am limited to 5 chickens, but I have them as pets and eggs. My neighbors love my chickens as well. It is my dream to live in the country and have more land, but I am using my suburban backyard for practice. I also have a small veggie garden and compost tumbler.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
nuts4hotwheels said:

I do live in the suburbs and I am limited to 5 chickens, but I have them as pets and eggs. My neighbors love my chickens as well. It is my dream to live in the country and have more land, but I am using my suburban backyard for practice. I also have a small veggie garden and compost tumbler.
Nice coop!! Im jealous and I have two large ones. Great job!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
nuts4hotwheels said:

We "practiced" also at an apartment we lived in that had fruit trees and garden space, then suddenly found ourselves, still in the 'burbs, but with four acres and zoning for critters! Keep the dream alive and meanwhile, prepare by learning skills!

Latest posts