Chickens out My Ears!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Let's hope so :fl

I have 27 Del eggs
14 Scovie eggs in my bator now

Scovies are due in 2 weeks, then the Dels the following week.

I have 4 left of the Dels that hatched the other day. They're doing good. I also have NOT lost a meatie so far and they seem to be doing great as well.

ETA: I think the broody Scovie is due in between the other two hatches as well :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
yeah i'm gonna be overrun with duck fluff butts in a few weeks :lol: Broody is sitting at least 14. Last time she didn't lose a single baby either.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
yeah i'm gonna be overrun with duck fluff butts in a few weeks :lol: Broody is sitting at least 14. Last time she didn't lose a single baby either.
Usually they are ultra reliable!

Trying to get the temps in the bators stable now........

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm doing my first incubator hatch... set them the 1st, due the 21'st. I think my nerves like the broodys hatching them better! :p I got 1 broody sitting on 10 eggs due this Wed. a little worried, when I cleaned her pen last week 6 of the eggs rolled out and I don't know how long they were out. This is her first hatch and she probably couldn't figure out how to roll them back. I have one girl that will steel eggs from other nests when she gets broody. Not uncommon, but can't figure out how she can get them over the 4' or so from one to the other.:rolleyes: