Chief River Nursery

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chief River Nursery order came in yesterday.Chief River is most definitely a nursery. All the trees came with uncut roots and a couple of the still had Butter nuts attached. Came well packaged also via FedEx. Nice looking saplings.

i planted them with my 12 diameter auger and dug very deep so the saplings have plenty of loose dirt to root in. Internet said to plant 20' to 25' apart, so I planted them 25' apart. Since they are a member of the walnut family I put them on the back side of the pond. By the raspberries and blackberries that are growing naturally.
IMG_20210530_183819222_HDR.jpg

I see a Bambi was checking out my work. I probably should put some fencing around them.
IMG_20210530_184042924_HDR.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our Chief River Nursery order came in also. I was a little disappointed in a couple of the saplings - they had very little for roots. The apple trees are great - the peach and pear trees were DOA, not a single sign of life at all. Unfortunately, with this devastating drought we are in, we have lost most of the seedlings. Not their fault so we won't ask for refund on anything but the peaches and pears. Those were pretty expensive too.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our Chief River Nursery order came in also. I was a little disappointed in a couple of the saplings - they had very little for roots. The apple trees are great - the peach and pear trees were DOA, not a single sign of life at all. Unfortunately, with this devastating drought we are in, we have lost most of the seedlings. Not their fault so we won't ask for refund on anything but the peaches and pears. Those were pretty expensive too.
It's gotta be tough working plants through a drought where you are the water provider. I can't ever remember living through a drought, though I probably have just don't remember.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That sucks. I order through them and a few others every year. I hate the name but I also order from Fast Growing Trees every once in a while and this year two of the peaches were in crap condition, so I asked for some discount and they gave me a full refund on them, with which I bought two more peach trees of a different variety, which showed up and promptly died :(