Christmas Decorations

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We put our tree up last night. got the lights on and garland and topper!

We use artificial because the pine spell kills my sinus to the max. no way. need a fake on lol

Tonight is Thanksgiving with his parents. hubby worked Thurs. going out to chinese. yea, that is what his Mom choose to do. HAHA So after dinner we are coming back and Grandma and Nicole are decorating the tree with ornaments. I sit back and relax and watch YIPPEE!

I got a few decorations out inside, but outside we haven't tackled yet. next week on hubbys days off we will put out some stuff. Not going the full boat this year. I want to keep the electric bill down :p just a few things to light up the outside nice and that will be it. pretty and simple.

SO WHO ELSE IS IN THE SPIRIT?

OH AND TO MAKE YA'LL JEALOUS----I have all my shopping DONE and everything is wrapped!!!!!! I have no pressure at all this year. Will be a very nice holiday with less stress and more time to give to the season!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Shopping done and wrapped? How wrong is that, lol!! Congrats - enjoy your relaxation- you earned it. :D

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
OH man now I feel like I'm behind. No tree, no decorations out yet, no cookies made, no wrapping done BUT I am done with all the shopping.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
heatherlynnky said:
OH man now I feel like I'm behind. No tree, no decorations out yet, no cookies made, no wrapping done BUT I am done with all the shopping.
Nah, we havent done our stuff yet either. Next weekend for us!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
tree is up and i am DONE with all shopping and everything is wrapped!

and no debt.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Not decorating this year, nor are we shopping! :D What bliss! Feels good to finally be breaking free and celebrating Christmas the way it was meant to be honored...not that we ever really bought into the holiday madness and such. Always did it quiet, small and simple anyway but this year it will mean so much more.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Not decorating this year, nor are we shopping! :D What bliss! Feels good to finally be breaking free and celebrating Christmas the way it was meant to be honored...not that we ever really bought into the holiday madness and such. Always did it quiet, small and simple anyway but this year it will mean so much more.
I salute you, Bee! I like some decorations, but the sadness is that it was created by the Catholic church to help convert pagans by adding festivals and feasts and things like the Christmas tree, and traditions like that were added. When really we should be celebrating the birth of the savior. Who probably was born toward the the middle of October.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yes! Nowadays I celebrate the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ every day and thank God for His gift to the world and to me, personally. I decorate my heart every day in celebration of that gift to me and in my soul all the bells ring, heavenly choruses shout and sing and the lights all shine brightly until I see Him face to face. I lay down my head each night in thankfulness and awaken with praise on my lips...the celebration never really ends!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
The perversion of Christmas is large but Easter is ten times worse for that......... :/

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am not able to decorate this year... didn't get to last year either :/ I like having things up, it makes me feel cheerful. Right now, my living room is tore down to the studs, and we just closed up the gaping 5 x 10 hole to the great outdoors an hour ago, as the temp dropped below freezing :p I am also WAY behind with gifts - only have two made, out of 12 needed! What was I thinking insisting on all homemade gifts this year?!! It's just really hard to get things done right now. I'm hoping my MIL went crazy with the decorations again this year - so I can 'soak it up' at her house :lol: