Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Two of the three bull calves are changing color. I'm unsure if the two will turn red or dun or both, but they are most definitely changing from black.

Pic taken yesterday. Bessey's bull calf born black with white band. 4 weeks and 3 days later. He's not so black anymore 🤷‍♂️
Screenshot_20231003-235256.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug I definitely use lot of tomatoes....chunks, diced, seasoned, sauce...I can it all. Dried beans get canned for fast use in chilis, soups, etc.corn, limas, green beans and I like to have some potatoes canned. Waxy whites for a fast potato salad fix, sweets because I love them! :drool I've not run out of much over the years. Overprepared.

You plan & eat differently when only one or a couple -- than before, when kids were home. Plus you don't want to cook every night. So heat & eat rules. I just like non chemicalized home foods.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My dinner tonight was ICE CREAM seeing how I can only eat on the right side of my mouth tonight and for the next couple of days. Not sure how I am going to handle the dinner (HOMEMADE PIZZA [ 1 Pepperoni & Cheese, 1 Sausage & Cheese, 1 Pepperoni, Sausage and Cheese and 1 PLAIN Cheese plus SMOKED Chicken Wings) tomorrow night then later on we're going to do a fire and S'mores (I think) but I will figure it out.
Guess the dentist appt went okay.... not fun but you will be glad to have them out...
Hope that you can eat on the right side more comfortably tomorrow...

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We were 39 also... a forewarning like @Mini Horses said to get things ready. We got the cattle moved out of WV pasture yesterday and they were calling for some snow flurries...glad we got done there. Their trees were absolutely gorgeous... colors really changing there fast... This cold will hasten ours to change now...
Back to work, a farm wants to test this aft... gee, a little notice would be nice....:th:idunno:idunno

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Similar weather here. 37 degrees this morning. DS8 tried to wear shorts to school. He wouldn't have made it to the bus stop! I'm a very mean mom for making him put long pants on. :rolleyes:

I go outside to do work in shorts and a t shirt in that temp when I'm acclimated to it or colder. I have plenty of my own insulation, though.

Latest posts