Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got a nice view.

IMG_4621.jpeg

71068948529__5D84ECEC-BCF4-414C-BF41-F00A297ACC1D.jpeg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I believe I may have discovered a new elusive bug species, I'm calling this new discovery a "Hay Bale Hopper {HBH)". HBH'ers doesn't seem to do much damage to hay bales they hop on and I don't believe they are invasive either, but I could be wrong 🤷‍♂️
IMG_20230717_180808009.jpg

Another day is drawing to a close. I really hope you have enjoyed your day 😁

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Spent a chunk of the day at a board game Cafe. Played 6 different games (all new to us). When the kids were little, we used to play board games a lot. Stopped at a Hungarian bakery/pastry shop on the way home. Great day.
20230902_110421.jpg

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Congrats on the calves... so no waiting and worrying now... you need to consider banding the bull calves at this point... alot easier to handle at a couple days... and then there is not the worry of later banding and possible problems and infections... and you need to consider when you want to have calves next year and take the bull out for a couple months... put back in with them in Nov for late summer/early fall calves... like this time next year... and make sure you get the heifer calf out of there before she is 6 months or so... she can come in heat and you do NOT want an OOPS baby with her getting pregnant and calving before 20-24 months...and yes, it has happened to ALL OF US.....not fair to the heifer and it will stunt her growth some also.... as well as possible calving problems because she could be calving at 16-18 months.... that is like a 14 yr old girl having a baby when her body is not really mature... they can do it... but definitely LESS THAN OPTIMAL.....
With all the grass you have they will get back to normal inside and should breed back from having good nutrition... they need 60-90 days of not being pregnant to just get a rest....

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I posted this on my FB, but I thought I'd share with those here. I'm excited.

"The below mentioned 18 yr old is now 32. He resigned after 11 years at Tesla, and will be moving up to the PNW to be nearer his parents, sister, niece and nephew. How life changes over the years!!"

Friends

2009:
"18 yr old up for adoption. Expectations: don't ask him to work, have lots of food available along with comfy couch, clear out yer things so he can spread out his, must be able to tolerate zits in your line of vision, have dogs available to play with instead of his other impt tasks, hearing aids advised due to mumbling diction. Available immediately. Inquire within. Free shipping."

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Slept late. Enjoyed it!! Tired from 2 long work days and needed the rest. Beautiful weather out. Just a catch up and rest day. Got dishwasher & laundry both working -- lounging a bit, lunch soon. Need to plan for dinner. Chickens & cats fed at get up, so only milking chore is late. 🤔

Tomorrow I leave early for Gilmanor swap, meeting with @farmerjan for our 2x yrly visit. It's about half way between us. It's our vacay date.👍 Truly, neither of us gets to go far or often. Again, the weather has blessed us with "perfect"! :clap