Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I tried to not do much today. Stayed in sloppy sweat pants, took 2 naps, rained all day. So how did I still manage to get 2.2 miles on my step counter? We’ll, I did feed sheep, walk dogs……
Didn't do much 2.2 miles 😂

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Coffee is ready, on my second cup. Then I’ll feed Sentry, give him his medicine and take him outside for a walk. Pippa, the visiting senior Silky Terrier gets chicken and rice over her kibble too. She will go home more spoiled than she is now. LOL
Good morning,
Fires built, coffee is ready. I am sitting in my chair reading Epoch Times news paper, Tony always gets up with me, Ziva likes sleeping in. I think a very HOT epson salt bath is first on my list today. I don’t want to do to much today, laundry, dust, vacuuming, clean the bathrooms. I think I will set 2 pork chops out for dinner. I have a nice acorn squash to cook.
Have a restful, peaceful day everyone.

🌲🍁🍂🌲🍁🍂🌲🍁🍂🌲

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
... I think a very HOT epson salt bath is first on my list today.

i know that feeling today, but no way will i be taking a bath. :) going to be crawling around one last day and that should be it and i can get back to the up and down the ladder stuff instead. the weather is going to cooperate enough this week that i should be done and able to get back to gardening at last... yippee! :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Why are you crawling around? I missed something.

the top of the small shed on the back of the garage goes up almost to the eaves so i have to crawl to get in there and stain the wall of the garage and the eaves and there's only about 18 inches of clearance. my left arm doesn't work so great any more when reaching that ways. this is all very good exercise for me and i don't really mind it but early last week i sure felt it from the first round i did when i was cleaning the wall and eaves under there. i hope i can get it done in a few hours. will be very glad when this is done.

are you grazing animals on that area?

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good morning,
Fires built, coffee is ready. I am sitting in my chair reading Epoch Times news paper, Tony always gets up with me, Ziva likes sleeping in. I think a very HOT epson salt bath is first on my list today. I don’t want to do to much today, laundry, dust, vacuuming, clean the bathrooms. I think I will set 2 pork chops out for dinner. I have a nice acorn squash to cook.
Have a restful, peaceful day everyone.

🌲🍁🍂🌲🍁🍂🌲🍁🍂🌲

P.S
well after walking outside with the dog I decided all of the above won’t happen today 🙄
I really need to work outside if it’s not going to rain. So I am going to pick up the cut hay and put some down around the blueberries, elderberry trees, apple, plum and pair. It’ll fertilize and block weeds. All that is left I’ll stack by the compost bin and add it in as needed.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Walmart had Halloween stuff just inside the doorway to the "garden center"/holiday section... and Christmas stuff right through the door in the garden center section....
Yep, way too soon, but people shop for the holidays earlier and earlier... Black Friday is now being promoted all through Oct.... Even the guy at Staples where I was looking at computers as mine is on it's last electronic pulse... said that the week after Halloween they will be coming out with all their holiday specials for "black friday" .....
Don't know where people are going to get the money to spend on things I have seen out there anyway....

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A visit?

Did I visit?

:idunno

The trip home was a hoot and a holler! Lots of delays... running back and forth from one gate to another... to catch ZERO planes... my sock was sitting wrong, rubbed on my toe and made a blister....

Finally got an entirely different route... got to Seattle 20 minutes too late to get the last flight to Anchorage... so got to spend the night in the airport... then leave at 6am for Anchorage ...

By the time I hit Anchorage I was in shock I had managed to arrive in Alaska.

Seeing that I was actually getting on the puddle jumper to home had me giddy with surprise!

I made it home!

No luggage though... that is... in Denver last I checked....

Lady helping track my luggage asked what was in it... I said clothes and some chocolate, so don't melt the chocolate... she laughed, said no chance of that!

So... no idea what I did or who I am... about to pass out. :frow
So glad you are safe and made it home. Traveling is so stressful.