College students leaving town

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
I work at a college, but we have no dorms. There are some apartment complexes close by that house students. I may have to check them out. Out nearest University is only 5 minutes away and they have bunches of dorms. Sound like me and So might be making a trip after the farmer's market this weekend.

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ga_goat said:
I do real estate repair for a living in a college town , and you wouldn't believe the things they just move out and leave in the house at the end of a quarter . Lots and lots of kitchen stuff and clothes text books that the college bookstore will buy back , beer caigs ( deposit)and the list goes on and on .
Absolutely! WE'VE lived in Champaign County, where the University of Illinois is, since 1982 and even in the recession(s) undergrads ROUTINELY dump their "unwantables" inside and outside of their apartments/rented houses at the end of the Spring Semester.
My FRUGEL middle daughter brought home her dorm fridge (and her dorm rug) in 2005 and we occasionally use the fridge, while we lined the side attic by her room with the rug. If my youngest DD decides to go to Law School, she'll take the fridge with her.