Coming soon to a lake near you.....

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I wouldn't be suprised if we have them around here...but JERSEY?!!? :th

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
A man lost his 4 foot gater here in michigan (Grand Rapids) while sunning it at a park near the Grand River... Lucky for him he had a permit and they caught it in a couple weeks and no one lost any pets while it was loose.
After living in Florida and having to check the pool before diving in it was quite the chuckle at all the folks who freaked out about a loose "man eater" running around..

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Emerald said:
A man lost his 4 foot gater here in michigan (Grand Rapids) while sunning it at a park near the Grand River... Lucky for him he had a permit and they caught it in a couple weeks and no one lost any pets while it was loose.
After living in Florida and having to check the pool before diving in it was quite the chuckle at all the folks who freaked out about a loose "man eater" running around..
Hehe yeah it is a bit funny how some folks react to things they aren't used to.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Doubt they'll ever find out where it came from. It's not legal to have them for pets here. Personally, I'm not in favor of people having exotics for pets. My son has an iguana, my daughter a boa, and I'm not overly happy about either of them.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I agree about exotics. Wild tho to catch that gator.

I love canoing and boating of any kind. Water baby here! :)

Dreaming of Chickens

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Emerald said:
:gig

That little guy is so cute. Glad they caught him. I don't think he'd survive a New Jersey winter. I live in SE Louisiana. Grew up surrounded by them. You could walk 4 blocks from where I lived growing up and there they were on the other side of the levee. Had someone ask me a few years ago if they were a problem in my neighborhood and honestly, up until that moment I had never thought about it, but no. Never saw one in my neighborhood. They could cross the levee I guess, but they just didn't. My mom had one as a pet when she was a kid. When I was growing up we would go out in the boat fishing and if we weren't catch'n we'd jump in and go for a swim without a second thought. I have never had anyone I know of get "eaten" by one! :D The only problem we seem to have around here is when they build a nice fancy neighborhood with boat slips and all that stuff, then people complain about their pets get'n eaten. Then they want wildlife and fisheries to remove all the gators. Really? Remove all the gators from a whole swamp? Really? I wouldn't leave my pitbull out there by the water without supervision and you left your 15 lbs poodle out there? Oh well, sorry for you loss, but you did move in to the gator's back yard. What did you think was gonna happen?

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Hehe yeah it is a bit funny how some folks react to things they aren't used to.
You shouldda seen the east coast react to an earthquake then! Not that I've lived through them, but that was pretty funny!!