CONSUMED - The Movie

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I came across this movie on Netflix yesterday called Consumed. It was made in 2015. It is a dramatic movie that explores the complex world of genetically modified food. The story is anchored by a working-class, single Mother on a hunt to uncover the cause of her son's mysterious illness. Interwoven are the stories of an Organic farmer, the CEO of a biotechnology corporation, two Scientists on the verge of a major discovery, and an ex-Cop caught in the middle of it all.

I wouldn't give it 4 stars, but it was good, and a movie that might get the attention of the less-informed public that is not inclined to watch/read more scientific presentations about GMOs.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I will have to check that out. I'm all about those movies.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We Know GMOs Are Already Causing These Health Conditions!
Genetically modified foods haven't been that long, relatively speaking. Do we really know the potential health effects after another generation or two is exposed to them? Jeffrey Smith says we're already seeing health issues that are being caused by GMOs. And we're seeing people reduce or eliminate these issues by taking out the GMNs. Learn how we know GMOs are already causing these health conditions!

One Of The GMO Lies Exposed!
One of the benefits of genetically modified foods was supposed to be higher yields, more food and less hunger world-wide. Has that happened? GMO expert Jeffrey M. Smith discusses this part of the GMO equation and whether or not GMOs are in fact, helping feed the hungry around the world.

Hear Why GMOs Are 'One of the Worst Mistakes We Ever Make'
There are still plenty of unknowns when it comes to the long term affects of genetically modified foods. Robert Scott Bell weighs in on the topic here. Find out why he calls them possibly one of the worst mistakes we ever make. Find out how GMOs and disease, money and big pharmaceutical companies are all related. Also find out what just one person can do to start eating real, healthier food!

The Conspiracy that Keeps GMOs Mainstream Here
Jeffrey Smith discusses the differences between how genetically modified foods are views in this country versus Europe. He mentions how some that have spoken out against GMOs have had their work and careers derailed. Find out more about what Jeffrey calls the conspiracy that keeps GMOs in our stores and on our plates in this country!

This Should Scare You Most About GMOs!
Genetically modifying foods is a relatively new science. So how much do we really know about it's affect on not only the plants but the people that consume and use these plants and animals? Don Huber discusses the unknown when it comes to GMOs and what shocking things are starting to result from them!