Controlling email alerts from topic subscriptions

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So, I originally had this tacked on to a different topic because they were related. and that caused a bit of confusion. So, I figured I'd repost this as it's own topic.

Can we get a way to moderate how many emails we get in a day? I don't know about other people, but when I subscribe to certain topics it's because I want to be able to find the information in that topic without having to get lost in the search function and spend days trying to find the post I vaguely remember. Some topics I subscribe to, like people's journals, because I am truly interested in what they have to say, but again I don't necessarily need to know when someone posts a "good job!" on their journal or canning thread. I'd like to be able to be subscribed to topics without necessarily getting the emails clogging my email. Is this a future possibility?

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm a moderator on another forum, and thread alerts are just that--you get an email every time someone posts to a thread to which you are subscribed. If that thread gets a lot of posts, you get a lot of emails. The forum software doesn't know which posts are of interest to you, if only knows you want to know when the thread is updated.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Rather then subbing, when you log in, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, and click on "show all my posts".
All the updated threads that you participate in in will be highlighted.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What about creating a bookmark on your computer for each thread you are interested in. Even create a folder for those bookmarks so they don't make your list too long. Then you can just click on them when you feel like it and not get all the emails.