Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan my BIL was a heart patient and had just had his pacemaker repaired. He also had an anyerism (sp?) that was growing at the back of his heart. It was going to require open heart surgery and he told my sister that he didn’t want that again. He was 79.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@flowerbug It seems I have been on the receiving end of your snarkiness quite often and has made my visits to this site in the mornings pretty un-fun. I am unsure why, perhaps you are unaware that there is a world outside of the US. It might be best to put each other on "Ignore" as this is an ongoing issue across a few threads and I do not want to escalate it further.

i don't usually ignore people upon request but obviously you can do what keeps you happy.

if you have authoritative information from other studies showing a clear benefit then that would be useful. with the attention so far i think if there was a clear benefit to these compounds it would have shown up. i don't think it a good idea to keep pouring money into negative results when there are so many other things to look at and other things that need funding (like basic protection equipment for heathcare workers).

i don't trust that particular news site or several others. i have no interest in the politics of it. people who want to drag that stuff down their rabbit holes can do so but i won't follow.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep. Just because they hang a diploma on the wall, you have no way to know if they graduated at the top of their class, or just barely passed.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ya'll hold on to your stash of toilet paper--and everything else. With the spike in Covid 19 cases, there is already rumbling on the news of shutting down the country again this coming winter. I bet the stock market crashes again.

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ya'll hold on to your stash of toilet paper--and everything else. With the spike in Covid 19 cases, there is already rumbling on the news of shutting down the country again this coming winter. I bet the stock market crashes again.

Do you really think the American people will put up with another shut-down?

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Was this person put on a ventilator? I've read, and seen a lot of credible documentation/videos (written/posted by well respected MDs and scientists in the medical community. Well... they were respected until they started speaking out about this whole situation, then they were black balled.) that state that patients are being placed on ventilators when they are not indicated. And, these vents are being used by folks who have not had any training in their use. It's a learn as you go situation. In any normal situation, the first treatment of choice would be a non-rebreather mask. Ventilator would be a last ditch effort. Patients who are having minimal respiratory difficulty are being put on ventilators, which cause a LOT of lung damage. One nurse who did some undercover videos and reporting at the NY hospital epicenter of the CV peak in that state, stated that: "None of the patients that are placed on vents come out alive, with the exception of one man, mid 30's who they did not keep sedated enough, and he extubated himself. She also showed documentation where patients who were COVID NEGATIVE were placed in rooms with COVID POSITIVE patients. These negative patients were treated JUST THE SAME as the positive patients. Even cases where patients came in, clearly suffering from anxiety. Hyperventilation blows off too much CO2, resulting in more respiratory distress. Treatment plan by these bozo's: VENTILATOR with a diagnosis of "presumptive covid". In contrast, a MD in Houston is treating CV pts VERY successfully in her clinic. Taking normal respiratory precautions. Her protocol: Hydroxychloroquine, Azythromycin, Vitamin C and Zinc. She states that her patients are ALL much better in 3 days with this non invasive approach. Please, oh please... would someone tell me why the powers that be are trying to shut down use of Hydroxychloroquine? It's been used very successfully for decades to treat many autoimmune diseases. Yet... all of a sudden... we're being told, "This drug is too dangerous for people to take for CV. But... if you have one of the autoimmune diseases it's been used for... suddenly it's not a danger?"
Agenda? Wake up world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, Agenda. And sheeple will not wake up.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Interesting. We just got an oil delivery yesterday. (Yay, us! We finally scheduled a tank fill when the price was at seasonal low!!!) The delivery guy was one of these scared to death he's gonna die folks. He said he's been tested twice, b/c people have handed him checks "with their bare hands" after THEY had been exposed to covid. Then, he said... they wanted to test him recently for antibodies. Seriously? He refused, stating... I'm not gonna go through that again, unless they're gonna pay me!
Maybe anxiety meds would help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.