Not open for further replies.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1584546887830.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Daisy did you get stocked up on the things you need? Sure hope so! I lived in Hurricane country for almost all of my life. Hurricane preparations were a normal part of living for me. So I guess I've been a bit of a prepper for extreme situations. One comfort food for me is brownies. Since dry cocoa stores well, I keep 3-4 containers at all times. I've had a 125 year old massive oak tree fall on my (previous, not this one) house and case a lot of damage. I can tell you, when tree branches are poking through the dining room and kitchen and it is raining in your house, a bottle of wine and a pan of brownies do a whole lot of making you feel better! LOL LOL

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Well if shtf and there's a run on the grocery store. I won't be short of red meat :) I obviously have the best tasting grass around and could easily drop one from one of the dinning room windows. Where I took this picture from. Heck I think I might could drop one with my 200lb crossbow also.
View attachment 13283

100% of the people who have talked about such things around me always say the exact same thing~my own sons included in that group...they will just go kill some deer if they can't get food from the stores. Do the math and tell me just how long the deer population will last in such a situation? I've told the boys it's not a great plan for survival when everyone else has the same plan. ;)

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is so nice to come to a forum which isn't in outright panic. Twitter is a mad house right now! A lot of people passing blame when they themselves were unprepared.

I haven't been out and about since last week, not unusual for me. I do wish I had a freezer though, just for milk and meat. I can go without both for a while, but the virus here is so far contained and it wouldn't yet be a risk for me to continue shopping as usual (if the shops are stocked!). I used to have more food stuff in store and was teased mercilessly for it, now who's laughing. Keep up the memes!

I just cannot at all relate to people who dine out daily or need shop every 2 days. How exhausting! I feel the check out workers should get as much recognition as the nurses at this time, hectic!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just like pushing the easy button. I love my wife's pressure canner. I thought I packed the jars tight but I guess I could have done better. Oh well there's always next time. At least it looks like they all sealed, so I'm happy. Whoever invented the home pressure canner deserves the medal of freedom.
IMG_20200322_211042354.jpg

Last edited:

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
a guy I know is waiting on test results. he should have them in 2 days. if he tests positive ill most likely be getting a call from the cdc. until then we are self quarantined.

I'm not sure if I told u guys but he got his test results and it was negative. I found this out while I was on my little "vacation"

henless

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sooner or later everyone is going to either come into contact and get covid, or else take the vaccine if/when it becomes available. In the meantime, take the precautions that you feel you need to, but get on with life. We can't stay hold up in our homes for the next year or so waiting on a "cure". There may never be one.

There is not a cure for the flu, just a vaccine that works sometimes, but sometimes doesn't. As far as a vaccine, what will the side effects be? Now you can get cancer from taking Zantac, an over the counter med. I don't think I'll want to take a vaccine that has been rushed through trials.

I'll be 57 this year. I have asthma, low thyroid and Rheumatoid Disease. I take immunosuppresents to lower my over powered immune system to keep it from destroying my joints & vital organs. I stayed home for over 6 weeks, and helped lower the curve. I'm not going to hide the rest of my life. I wear a mask when I have to, but I go out and do what I need to do. Will I catch covid? Eventually I probably will. Will I die from it? Only God knows. But I'm not living in fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.