Could you live without internet for a week?

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
I'm going to conduct an experiment: no internet for one week. Not because I forgot to pay my bill or computer died, but just to see what it would be like if the SHTF and we were all of a sudden without modern entertainment and information resources. I already don't watch TV and I don't have a cell phone, so I will pretty much be reliant on myself for sanity. So starting Sunday, no internet. :hide

Think you could do it?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: With ease.....the only reason I even have the internet is to check my bank account and visit this group of forums.

I didn't even GET a computer until I was in my mid-thirties and I've used it rarely since then.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
no. i would lay on the floor and cry.

seriously i need someone else to talk to besides all these cats.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
NO! :hide I couldn't.

I don't actually know how to cook. I just use Google and allrecipes.com.

A tracker software for managing my health is online.

Almost all of my human connection is online. I am very isolated as a stay-st-home-mom in a TINY town where there aren't activities for families and kids. (I moved from a decent sized city that is one of the most family/kid-friendly in the USA!)

The only way I make money is through online social networking for each of my tiny businesses.

It is my only source of information about drug interactions. I'm currently playing guinea pig because I've been so dangerously sick, and they have to find something that works. I've had medication changes everyweek and remembering the drig interactions is dizzying!

All of my financials/bill pay is online. I don't have checks (can you believe that?!) I don't receive paper statements or bills.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yes I could with no problem. The only reson why I have mine is banking and bills. I have been trying to convince myself to call the power co. and a few others to get my billing back to paper so then I would have no excuse to not have it turned off. I just hate using the phone. :D PLUS all we have here in the boonies is freaking dial-up and do you know how maddening that can be! :barnie exactly.

MountainMom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm sure I could. I only come here for entertainment. If I'm on vacation, camping, or whatever, I do just fine. I lived most of my life without a computer.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Although I'm on FaceBook a ton, I think I could do it. Its idle time that I spend on here, so I'm sure I could find something better to do...like finish a quilt, or read. :p

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
Hehe I glad I'm not the only one afraid of computer-withdrawl :lol: I know it's probally gonna drive me nuts, being raised in a computer world and what not, but I think it will also be a good "be thankful for what you have" type deal. Plus I need some motivation to finish knitting these socks...