Craft Use for Kleenex Boxes?

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good craft ideas for using old tissue boxes? Preferably something that little kids can do? I don't know why I started saving them, but I have about 8 now. (Hoarder??) My 4 and 5 year old grand daughters love crafts, so I was just wondering. Maybe a diorama? We have made a stage and cut out puppets. They were introduced to the joys of macaroni gluing last week. :p

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cover them with wrapping paper and use to store plastic grocery bags. :lol:

Chantilly

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Does anyone have any good craft ideas for using old tissue boxes? Preferably something that little kids can do? I don't know why I started saving them, but I have about 8 now. (Hoarder??) My 4 and 5 year old grand daughters love crafts, so I was just wondering. Maybe a diorama? We have made a stage and cut out puppets. They were introduced to the joys of macaroni gluing last week. :p
I suppose if you had enough of them (but you'd probably need 50 or so), you could use them like the cardboard bricks that little kids play with. You might need to cut up a couple of boxes to patch the holes in the tissue boxes, but once the boxes were intact, they could be used to build play walls and corner off a fort in the corner of a room, outline a play house on the floor, etc. If you had a lot of tape and paper bags, you could even cover them to look like brown bricks rather than kleenex boxes. You could add other boxes as building material, too, but kids seem to like things that are all oe size.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
baymule said:
Cover them with wrapping paper and use to store plastic grocery bags. :lol:
That's a great idea. Some of them are so pretty I wouldn't bother covering them up. It may make them last a little longer. I have 1 that has hummingbirds on it that I saved and after work it will be stuffed with grocery bags. Thanks a bunch.

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
How about cutting the tops so they are open and use them like baskets like to hold mail, car keys etc. You could make them a little fancier and stronger by putting coloured tape around the edge. Cut them down and use them for drawer dividers. If you have any little square ones, put a handle on them for Easter baskets

nelson castro

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well you can use it for Dryer Lint. Use empty tissue boxes by my washer and dryer to put the lint and used dryer sheets in. They hold an incredible amount and because of the small opening with plastic lining.