Creative minds needed!

PacasNChicks

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Okay ... so, I'll be packing up soon and moving from the HOT Valley here in AZ and moving to the Colder White Mts! I have a few acres and I'm going to have Alpaca's and chickens for starters. I met a lady who said that in the town where I live ... lots of Elderly are driven to different ranches just to sit and enjoy the serenity of ranch/farm living and actually there are some homes for the developmentally disabled who do the same. For the disabled or elderly with dimentia or alzheimers, they have a connection with the animals, something to do with 2 dimensional ways of thinking.
Anyways ... I'm trying to think of a Name for my Ranch that would " reflect " what I would love to offer for those who might come to my Ranch and mingle with the Alpaca's and chickens. I hope to get some Geese and other fowl and maybe a couple of goats. I also have a wonderul little parakeet who is quite entertaining to my elderly father in law.

I keep thinking ... what is a word that describes how a person might feel if their life has been traumatic or there lives have been in upheaval for any reason ... then healed?

thanks for all imput on this! and the winner ... wins a dozen of free range eggs! ( once they are laying!!)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
You could put the name Ebenezer in there. The name means stone of help.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Farmer Chick's got some good ideas. A little similar to what occurred to me, when I read your question.

Ones that came to mind for me when I first read your post were...

Restoration Ranch
or
Restoration Retreat

Best of luck with this. I'm sure you'll settle on something good.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hopeful Haven

Healing Haven

PacasNChicks

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Renewal Ranch :lol:

Tranquility Acres :D
Not sure how to reply yet! will see if this works with all the suggestions ...
Renewal was one word my father in law thot if ,,, Tranquility or Tranquil are words that I'd not thot of ... will write them down and play with them, thanks!!!

PacasNChicks

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Joel_BC said:
Farmer Chick's got some good ideas. A little similar to what occurred to me, when I read your question.

Ones that came to mind for me when I first read your post were...

Restoration Ranch
or
Restoration Retreat

Best of luck with this. I'm sure you'll settle on something good.
Restoration was one my son thot of ... so, I'll write that one down also! thanks!

PacasNChicks

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
You could put the name Ebenezer in there. The name means stone of help.
I like " stone of help" ... Ebenezer? hmmmmm Being that the land where my property is located used to be Native American owned, lots of sacred burial grounds and all, I'd love to even come up with a Native American word for healing, tranquil ... or how would they say stone of help?
thanks for the ideas!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What tribe of Native American? I just did a google search for 'Cherokee translation of peace', just to see what results I would get. Not easy for most to say or remember, I'm guessing. :lol: But you could do something similar and see what you get.

I like what the others have suggested. Respectful and sends a message.
I tend to lean towards the comical side of things, especially when there are any animals concerned. Half the time I call my place 'Goat Berry Burrow'.