Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
A combination of too-fatigued-to-care and internet. :D

But seriously, I need some brownies. I'm contemplating trying to make brownies while sitting on the floor. Reaching up high to get ingredients out of cupboards might do me in. BUT I WANT BROWNIES! :lol: See what y'all started?!

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Took me almost an hour, but I mixed up brownies from scratch while sitting on the floor. Tried a new recipe from The Joy of Cooking. It doesn't have baking powder in it, I hope it turns out okay!

I was thinking I might make blog/videos of how to cook with POTS. Equal parts cooking, adaptive strategies, and encouragement. I'd have to get my laptop fixed so I could edit videos, but I have the technology to do it.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm relieved to have symptoms improve at night - my usual pattern. I'm trying to get the kitchen cleaned up from brownies.

I have rhubarb to do something with. I like to make and can BBQ sauce out of rhubarb but I have plenty left from last year. Maybe a different flavor? DH doesn't really like either or the recipes I tried last year.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I made rhubard-cherry-blueberry pie filling. Except..... some of the rhubarb is fibrous. Might have ruined the whole batch. I'm not sure if I can salvage it. It's in the fridge overnight while I think about it.

Despite spending the day in bed, I'm going to sleep tonight with a clean house, a pan of brownies, and a plan for supper tomorrow.

Poor DH hasn't adjusted to accept that I get it done, but on my own schedule (which even I can't predict or control).

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It's hard to do things when you're not feeling completely up to it. I love that you did it anyway! From the floor, but hey, it got done.

Mind yourself over there today :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
GRRRR! My actual post posted 3 times! I don't know what happened to the real one, lol.

@tortoise Congrats on getting so much done - I don't know how you do it! And I hope that DS will figure out that he will expend less energy just doing the math homework instead of spending all day trying not to!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
This is how I do it:

When I feel bad I lay in bed feeling sorry for myself, eating chocolate and wandering the internet.

When I feel good I do stuff.

:gig

I'm not good at coping with feeling unwell. I try to make up for it.