Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm done with early blueberries. (Maybe). Bushes are loaded, but the berries are small. Would be good ones to dehydrate but :th

One of our lambs died yesterday. DH did postmortem and fecal egg count. It died from worms. The lamb was wormed, so we're feeling uncomfortable with the situation. DH is going to do a fecal egg count reduction which would help determine if we're dealing with resistant strains of worms.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS10 is at grandma's house. It's so quiet! It's lovely, really! I don't have to take him back until Friday. I wonder if I'll start to miss him before then?

I've been laying low, staying in bed a lot. I have the tilt table test on Friday and it's messing with my head. I am afraid of "if" they use the maximum time for the test - 45 minutes. I can't imagine. I hope I faint or they let me down as soon as they have enough data for diagnosis. I usually have tremors or vision distrubances by 8 minutes standing, and get non-verbal shortly after. I have never stood still more than 12 minutes - and that 12 minutes was this week, I was going for 25 minutes so I could get a feel for how the test might go and feel less anxious about it.

No canning going on, nothing much coming in from the garden, no projects in progress, have been slacking on piano practice too - skipping my next lesson.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yes take care of yourself!! I hope the tests give a conclusive diagnosis for you and you have good results with whatever treatment!! I can't imagine doing all you do with your symptoms, you're tough, so don't worry about the test. You got this sister!!!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Test is done. It was BRUTAL. OMG. Whoever thought standing up would be so hard? The test is getting hooked up to monitors, lie down for 30 minutes, then the table tilts up to almost standing.

My HR increased by 93 bpm immediately and blood pressure shot up from normal to 179/87! I was tachy and hypertensive the whole time. Violent tremors, my legs went out from under me. I was tilted to standing position for 13 minutes, didn't faint but it was so hard on my body they stopped the test early - it's supposed to be 45 minutes - and we don't know what mechanism causes me to faint. Took me a long time to recover. Hubby had to take me out in a wheelchair. I had tremors for about 30 minutes afterwards too. I'm still tired.

I have a prescription to try. So.... we'll see what happens. I'm going to start an exercise program that is supposed to help.

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy cow, bet you're glad that's over! It is pretty crazy that your body is like... No, standing up doesn't work for me. Hope the meds and exercise program help!

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
wow kiddo x2 what NH homesteader said. I sure hope the meds and exercises do the trick. you take care of you.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I am so glad it's over! What a relief! And to think I've been worried this whole time because I've been "feeling better" and worried I would get a false negative test. :gig silly me! :gig

My parents came up here for babysitting. They've had DS10 for a week. Sent DS10 back with them at least until Monday so I don't have to deal with piano lessons yet.

Crazy how my house is pretty much clean despite everything. Silver linings. Getting a break from DS10 makes a big difference. I can't wait for public school to start!

I have a couple projects brewing though!!

1) DH put a frost free hose faucet on the house near the goat pasture. There is big field stone landscaping there so it's unsteady footing and unsafe for me. We have a stack of bricks, so my plan is t get bricks in there for safe footing, weed and prune the area. Falling into a nettle patch would only make it worse.

2) I've had light sensitivity this past week and noticed that while I have blackout drapes in the living/dining area, there's nothing on the kitchen window. It's all one room. This is a problem. I have leftover fabric and I order components to make a relaxed roman / balloon shade for the window.

3) I REALLY need to work with my pack goat. Get straps fitted on his sawbuck. And get back to walking with him. He's a teenager and I'm afraid he's going to get unsafe because he's not wethered. (Like tame rams get dangerous). Do bucks get dangerous?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Thank you goatgurl. DH keeps asking when he can castrate. When I got him I had a dairy doe and was going to breed / milk. She died. And looks like my health isn't going to continue being variable. So maybe I'll let him castrate my goat. Sad to give up a dream, but I have a dangerous tame ram. It's bad.