Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm not back to normal, but I'm feeling able to do more.
  • I sorted through my collection of leftover buckles, snap hooks, D-rings, etc., for making dog gear.
  • I finally was able to find part and order online - I'd been trying to figure out the name of it for years! I'm not sure I have skills to use it, but if I can figure it out I'll save a lot of money for myself and the 4-H dog project.
  • I finished a harness prototype for my dog that had been sitting half-done in a basket for months. He seems to be comfortable in it.
Yesterday I was able to do computer-based tasks. I finished the 4-H dog project website and 4-H houseplant project website. That will be great to get communication away from facebook.

My to-do list is intimidating. The dog project curriculum I wrote is going to be submitted for curriculum development. Problem is that I don't have all the revisions done yet, and they're due in about 2 weeks. Houseplant project meetings start in January and I haven't made curriculum for either first year or second year plus yet. I'm changing so much about the curriculum I'm basically starting over.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What's the old saying? "Friends come into your life for a season, a reason, or a lifetime and it's up to you to figure out which one it is." Something along those lines.

Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate - as usual!

Pictures of the head harnesses when you complete one - please!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I didn't catch up with work. Not sure I did any today. o_O🤦‍♀️

I made revised a recordkeeping form for 4-H, which took most of the morning. I picked up printing for a 4-H meeting next week and a book to deliver to another Leader. I made about 150 labeled pins for kids to stab into stuffed toy dogs to learn dog anatomy terms - tedious job, hopefully will never need to be repeated. I made patterns for 7 sizes of dog collars and made 6 samples for the 4-H meeting next week. I made about 20 kits for kids to make collars. Hoping I can get leash kits made up tonight too. They're for a meeting a couple weeks away, but if I miscalculated materials I need to order more ASAP.

and I cleaned my house a little bit. I've been laid up for a few days and just able to more around semi-freely today. Feels good to move. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
It is so much easier to get the fun stuff done first, or at least that is how I manage my life.
:lol: same here. You can tell how happy I am by the state of my house. If it's messy, I'm happy and busy with projects. If it's utterly trashed, I'm sick and miserable. If it's clean, I'm miserable because I'm just well enough to clean but not well enough to have fun.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
recent popular press is finally saying something more about Vitamin D3 and autoimmune reactions. i've been taking Vitamin D3 and K2 for the past year to make sure i've been getting enough (because i don't get enough sun regularly anyways even in the summer). for a few of my things it seems to be making a difference.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I got a cordless stick vacuum for Yule. (retails for $299, I got it for $8.97 after a fantastic black friday sale and rebate gift cards.) It's plastic, looks fragile and I can't imagine paying that much to replace it even though I love it and use it several times a day. So I banned my children from touching it. DS6 is obsessed with it and I gave up.

He also refuses to clean his room. The carpet is not visible.

He is annoying me by vacuuming the floor so I asked him if he wanted to vacuum his room. I said "You might need to move some things, but I think you can do it."

He took the bait and is cleaning his room. :lol:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Boi did it!!! He was losing motivation for food in training. He went to his soundboard and pressed Play. So we did play and he was so happy. We did the rest of the training session with him choosing reward for each rep. I pressed Want. He pressed what he wanted (if his aim is good, IDK). I asked for the behavior and gave him what he asked for. When he didnt reply after I pressed Want, I called that the end. Want All-done.

:celebrate

I did not see that coming!!!

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
this dog! :gig He started using Want button for Want Eat / Want Train. He does not have Eat or Train buttons. He must be happy with his experiment of pressing buttons when I was in a different room. He has done it about 6 more times.

He asked for Play, so I did. I went back to work and he asked Play Play. Uggh. "All-done play! Play later!" his reply? Bone. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: So I get up to give him another rawhide.

Latest posts