Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to start to answer some of the questions, don't know how far I'll get tonight. So, here goes.

01. Name? First name, Denim, last name Deb

02. Gender? Female

03. Disneyworld or Disneyland? Neither

04. What is your favorite color? Forest green

05. What is your favorite kind of gum? The kind that holds my teeth in place. So far, I still have them all.

06. How much do you weigh? 125

07. How tall are you? 5'4.5" (And, don't forget that half!)

08. Can you swim? yep

09. Do you like to swim? only if it's hot out

10. Living arrangement? I live in a house

11. What's on your mouse pad? My daughter's mouse has it's own pad. Don't want it running around the house.

12. Favorite board game? None

13. Favorite magazine? None

14. Favorite Actor? None

15. Favorite Actress? None

16. Do you have an accent? Depends on who you ask

17. Favorite smells? Horses, leather, white pine trees, a wood fire to name a few

18. Least favorite smells? Cigarette smoke, diesel fumes, or any other smell that triggers my meniere's disease

19. Favorite sound? Don't have one. There are many sounds I like

20. Do you prefer pools or oceans? Yes

21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer? Who?

22. Pencil or pen? Pencil-kind of hard to erase pen

23. Who's better - boys or girls? You need to ask?

24. Would you like to own a motorcycle? Since I already own one, does that count?

25. Do you sing in the shower? Nope

26. Who's the best looking Disney character? I haven't a clue!

27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? Going back to bed

28. How many rings before you answer the phone? Depends on how far away from it I am

29. How do you want to die? Peacefully

30. Have you ever called a 900 number? Not that I recall

31. Gold or silver? Yes

32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping? Not intentionally

33. Do you like dressing up? Depends on what you call dressed up. For me, that's a clean pair of jeans, and a shirt w/out manure stains on it

34. Would you rather be short or tall? I'm happy w/my height

35. Do you enjoy reading? Yes

36. What book are you reading now? Happiness Hill

37. Favorite books? Don't have any

38. What was the last movie you saw? I'm not sure

39. Favorite movies? I like some of the old ones, like 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, Support your local sheriff/gunfighter, etc

40. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? Not normally. The animals all have their own place to sleep.

41. What is your sign? No trespassing!

42. What are your personality traits? Do you really want to know?

43. What's your biggest fear? having my Meniere's disease progress rapidly

44. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery? Only if it would help me get younger

45. Future child's name? I'm not having any more children! 2 are enough

46. Favorite foods? Chocolate

47. Chocolate or vanilla? I think I already answered this question

48. Do you like to drive fast? No

49. Storms - cool or scary? Yes

50. Do you like to dance? Depends on what you call dancing

51. Do you do drugs? No

52. Do you smoke? No

53. What do you think of people who smoke? If they want to, that's their business, just stay away from me

54. Do you drink? Does water count?

55. Favorite drink? Hot chocolate

56. Do you think men and women could ever be just friends without wanting each other? Yes

57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? Sometimes

58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? One that pays me for doing nothing and doing it at home.

59. What's your "type"? Only typing I do is on my computer.

60. Do you bite your nails? Only if I have a tear, and can't find the nail clippers.

61. Any siblings? Yes, 2 brothers and a sister

62. What movies have you cried in? I haven't been in any movies

63. Do you believe in God? Yes

64. Did you ever cry over a guy/girl? Probably

65. Have you ever stolen anything? No

66. Do you procrastinate? I'll get back to you on that one

67. Do you believe in fate? No, I believe in God

68. Who's your favorite Sesame Street character? Don't watch it

69. Do you organize your CD's? No

70. What is your favorite kind of music? Hymns, gospel, praise and worship, classical

71. What are your favorite bands/artists? Don't have one

72. What was the last CD you got? Haven't a clue

73. MTV or VH1? Neither

74. Who do you admire the most? Couldn't really say

75. Internet Boyfriends and Girlfriends? Nope

76. Are you single? Nope

77. Favorite TV show? Don't watch much TV. Most of it is trash. I like the old shows.

78. Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? Me personally, I'm a brunette

79. Glasses or contacts? Glasses

80. What color are your eyes? Blue/green hazel

81. What is your natural hair color? Brown

82. But what color is it now? Brown

83. Have you ever been in love? Yep

84. Any pets? Yes

85. Good, decent, or poor grades? Pretty good

86. Is the glass half empty or half full? Right now, it's all full. Other days, it's half full

87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? Yes. I also type w/them on the left keys.

88. What's under your bed? I don't know, I'm afraid to look. For all I know, Jimmy Hoffa could be stashed under there.

89. What is your favorite number? 29

90. Favorite sport to watch? Baseball

Ok, that wasn't as bad as I expected! Next entry will be on life.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My husky used to insist on going fishing with me. She would sit still on the front seat of the boat and watch my lure hit the water and wait for a fish to take the bait, she would get all excited as the line would move through the water. The when I lifted the fish out of the water - she would come over and "taste" it - sometimes just a little lick, sometime she would gently grab the tip of the tail. Kinda gross, but the fish all went into the live box and dog germs were washed off. When I would fillet them for supper, she would get a couple of skins for a snack. She loved fish!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Sounds like you are on the right track. Cleaning up the premises is a good goal and makes you feel accomplished. Weeding the flower bed! That will make you proud of cleaning it up. Flowers are cheerful!
I hope you keep posting here.
I've been very busy, so I haven't really had the time. But, I am making progress! I do have a You Tube channel, Dizzy's Doings. So, if you ever want to see what I've been up to, you can always check on there.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm hanging in there. I'm trying to find time to visit my Dad weekly. But, since January, I've been getting sick a lot. Last week, I had a cold. I'm over it, so I stopped in to see my Dad on Tuesday-he wasn't home! And, I don't have time any other day this week to stop in. I didn't get the house finished, but should have it done tomorrow-I hope. It's going to get windy, so I may not be able to get the roof on once I finish building it and painting it. While I'm waiting for the paint to dry, I'll work on the pen.

Since it's going to get windy, I'll come home in the afternoon instead of spending the whole day at the farm. I want to get my peas in as well as some pansies, and put my starts in bigger containers.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
One of our neighbors had a huge Boston Terrier that liked to take walks with the neighbor and his black lab. He would toss the ball and both dogs would race for it - occasionally the Boston would get it and bring it back. One day the guy walked to the pond and threw the tennis ball in for the lab - only to realize too late that Boston Terrier's sink not swim. She ran into the water and just disappeared. He ran in to save her just as she came flying out of the water and headed home at full speed. As he told my friend later "there ain't no float in that dog".

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You mentioned in another thread that you are moving to Kentucky. Do yourself a favor and keep going through all the stuff and get rid of all you can.

My husband and I moved February 14, 2015. We sold our house so quick, that stuff got thrown in a truck, I didn’t get a chance to do through anything.

My husband died September 20, 2021. I sold the farm so fast, it was crazy. Closed in 63 days on February 15, 2022. I moved all my farm stuff, dogs and sheep, to my sons house on 2 acres. Had to sell my horses, got rid of chickens. 6 months later, closed on a 25 acre farm and moved again. Still moving stuff! Going to finish moving one of these days and have a yard sale. I’ve unpacked boxes that haven’t been opened since 2015! Point is, unload all that you can. Have yard sale !!

How traumatic it must have been, having your husband and father sick at the same time. Take time for you. Losing your animals was a kick in the heart and that hurts. It does get better, the hurt and loss doesn’t go away, but it gets better.